Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Spydrebyte Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:15pm
Kairo Released
here

This was on greenlight before, wondering what happened?

Cant find the submission now however, so it must have been removed, it wasn't geenlit,
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
-Z- Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:22pm 
Probably the awards it won. Winning awards tends to have a way of getting games onto Steam.

Looking into it, it might have been its involvement in either Develop in Brighton or the Eurogamer Expo (both of which Valve has been involved with) that brought this occurrence about.
Last edited by -Z-; Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:31pm
Spydrebyte Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
Possibly, but last time that happened there was an announcement and the games were added to the greenlit section (Kentucky Route Zero & Incredipede) ... unless that is yet to happen.

Only other thing i can think of is that they went through the previous system to get their game on steam as well as using Greenlight.
-Z- Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:40pm 
Whatever the case, it seems to be something up my alley and the price is decent, so I'm going to get it and play through it over the weekend (or after I get through the next hurdle at work, whichever comes first).
Sgt.Psycho Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:08pm 
This is Kairo's GL entry.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92938414

I was sad it didn't work as I wanted to put them in my top 5. Now I know why they aren't eligible anymore...
Spydrebyte Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
That's interesting, I wonder if they had a submission prior to greenlight, or if they found a bypass...
Sgt.Psycho Apr 25, 2013 @ 1:15pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:
This is Kairo's GL entry.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92938414

Sorry!
An error was encountered while processing your request:

That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

Yeap. You can't search it anymore, but I had it favourited, so the icon and short description was still in my favourites list.

Interestingly, I've noticed a couple of my favorites have the same broken link now (and are no longer on Greenlight) so I wonder if they are doing the same thing or perhaps have withdrawn by the authors for some reason.
Spydrebyte Apr 25, 2013 @ 3:24pm 
It would be nice if removed items linked to a page saying why it had been removed, as well as listing the name of the game that was removed. There are some items ive voted for that went missing an im unable to tell what they were.
Sgt.Psycho May 6, 2013 @ 8:59pm 
Originally posted by Spydrebyte:
It would be nice if removed items linked to a page saying why it had been removed, as well as listing the name of the game that was removed. There are some items ive voted for that went missing an im unable to tell what they were.

For sure. I put a heap of work into helping the dev of Resonate, but (for various reasons) he has pulled it from Greenlight. Pages and pages of work I've done, all gone. Sadface.

In these cases, if there has been significant community feedback, it would be nice if the entry was archived and made read-only.

Usually, items are removed because the devs are either doing major revision, or because they have got a better offer to release it elsewhere and are no longer offering it on Steam, or it has been Greenlit and released to the Steam Store, but lingers on in those lists as a dead item (cf Kairo).
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 24, 2013 @ 7:15pm