Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
TheGreatRyansby Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:32pm
Top 5 overlooked games on Steam Greenlight
Saw this pretty cool article. Some games I didn't even know were on here are listed

http://calmdowntom.com/top-5-overlooked-games-on-steam-greenlight/
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:41pm 
Why are they classified as "overlooked"? Who decides what is overlooked?

While I think some of the concepts are "interresting" I wouldn't actually buy them.
No One Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:55pm 
if you extend it to 5 more titles and have a minecraft rip off and a slenderman rip off and a generic point and click + 2 more bad side scrollers you have the worst of greenlight . if they get more attention they will probably get more down votes.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 22, 2013 @ 5:15pm 
Originally posted by NoOne:
if you extend it to 5 more titles and have a minecraft rip off and a slenderman rip off and a generic point and click + 2 more bad side scrollers you have the worst of greenlight . if they get more attention they will probably get more down votes.
Who cares about that? "Not interested" votes doen't have a negative effect on the projects chances of getting greenlit. Valve is only looking at the Yes votes to see if they want to sell the game. This isn't a popularity contest, it's a poll to see how much money Valve can make by selling a particular game.
There is no difference in voting "no" from not voting at all.
TheGreatRyansby Apr 22, 2013 @ 5:34pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Not sure why I downvoted Crashtastic, but I've changed my mind. Maybe that second video was absent previously. It is an interesting 3D puzzle game and I like those.

Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Why are they classified as "overlooked"?

Anything not lit that the opiner likes is "overlooked". You have your list too I suspect, as I do.

I rather enjoyed Crashtastic. Pretty simple little game but it has a lot of potential for mayhem and a cool little editor. Seemd very high quality for an alpha.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:10pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
You ain't Thumper's momma.

Who's Thumper?
...from Bambi? Whose mother told him "If you can't say nothin' nice, don't say nothin' at all"?
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:24pm 
Pretty sure anyone who said it after the movie was released has gotten it from the movie..or someone who got it from the movie. XD

That's not to say it wasn't a thing before the movie, but it sure as hell popularized it...and has since given the line to every childhood since 1942.
TheGreatRyansby Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
Pretty sure anyone who said it after the movie was released has gotten it from the movie..or someone who got it from the movie. XD

That's not to say it wasn't a thing before the movie, but it sure as hell popularized it...and has since given the line to every childhood since 1942.

What are your top 5 games on Greenlight?
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:49pm 
Depends. Not yet greenlit, greenlit, released, or any combination?
TheGreatRyansby Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:50pm 
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
Depends. Not yet greenlit, greenlit, released, or any combination?

Not yet Greenlit.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 6:56pm 
In no particular order, Stardew Valley, The Last Phoenix, Project Temporality, Unearthed, and Constant C.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:14pm 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Way to analyze the cr*p out of it dawg.... ;-P
That's how I roll, yo!
AIMonster Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:25pm 
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
In no particular order, Stardew Valley, The Last Phoenix, Project Temporality, Unearthed, and Constant C.

I personally like this list better, even though I only upvoted one of them I can see the unique appeal of all these titles.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:31pm 
Which one, if you don't mind my asking?
AIMonster Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
Originally posted by Zaxoth:
Which one, if you don't mind my asking?

The Last Phoenix, it's actually one of the few I favorited too. Really loved the concept and the gameplay looks fun.
A Gelatinous Cube-Z- Apr 22, 2013 @ 7:38pm 
Indeed. Plus, the visual style really seemed to work for the gameplay footage, so it really caught my eye. I think it was one of the first titles I voted for.
Showing 1-15 of 74 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2013 @ 4:32pm
Posts: 74