Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Footissimo Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:04pm
What happened to the OS tags...
..on the greenlit games?

Is this so titles like airbuccaneers can pretend that they never stated that they'd support other OSes? ;o)
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
wilco64256 Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:06pm 
Not sure what you mean, the "Platforms" option is still there and showing on every game.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:06pm 
..on the greenlit games?

Is this so titles like airbuccaneers can pretend that they never stated that they'd support other OSes? ;o)
wow that is cynical even in my opinion :p
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:06pm
Footissimo Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
Not sure what you mean, the "Platforms" option is still there and showing on every game.

On those games that have been greenlit..they've gone, on those that haven't they're still there

Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
..on the greenlit games?

wow that is cynical even in my opinion :p

Why thank you, I like to try =)
wilco64256 Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
OK I see what you mean. Are you positive that wasn't always the case with Greenlit titles? That entire section is gone on those.
Footissimo Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:16pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
OK I see what you mean. Are you positive that wasn't always the case with Greenlit titles? That entire section is gone on those.

Definitely! You can even sort greenlit titles by OS, but the new ones don't come up.
Footissimo Apr 18, 2013 @ 4:38am 
Originally posted by Mindwedge:
Originally posted by Footissimo:

The Linux folks are very sensitive about false Promises. Rightly so.

Hiya MW,

Yeah, because of the relative lack of Linux titles, it's something that becomes very obvious very quickly if a team puts down that they'll support Linux then doesn't come through with it. It's kinda fraudulent as many penguin types just filter out those Greenlight entries that don't mention Linux support. There's not much point (for us or mac users) to be voting one way or another on games that we'll never see anyway. The three most obvious offenders (as their games have been released) are:

AirBuccaneers - when they do bother to comment on Steam or their own forums, it's just generic excuses. It's a Unity game and they promised Linux support, but since getting greenlit, even getting a stock response is tricky. Whilst we've been waiting, the similar Guns of Icarus has had a Linux port made. I know a few people (including myself) who have bought AB on the promise that they would make a port.

No Time To Explain - actually has a Linux port, but the dev seems to have gone AWOL since it got greenlit so it's not turned up on Steam Linux for the last few months.

Incredipede - complained that they couldn't do a Linux version as Adobe pulled support for Air, but then mysteriously didn't take down what platforms it was available for or mention that they weren't going to do one

Given the size of the Linux contingent (whilst also being the ones who tend to spend the most per person), there's a mindset of 'support those who support us', but with Greenlight (and Kickstarter) it's very easy for a team to state that they will port to Linux in order to get votes or money, then not do so.

Thankfully there's plenty of Greenlight dev teams (such as your good selves) who come through with their promises.

Last edited by Footissimo; Apr 18, 2013 @ 4:39am
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 17, 2013 @ 1:04pm