Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
gargamell999 Apr 15, 2013 @ 5:46pm
In the sugestion section. please put better pross/conss
Yes i know that this will give the people who manage the green light section, a hole lot of problems. if a game generates 299 posted suggestions. could some one please sort through them and put 10 large parograph comments about the game 5 for the game and 5 agenst it. I very much like it if some one points out if the game is already a cell phone (cheap 8 bit) game. these 10 parographs can not be moved by new incoming comments. if anyone wants to ignore the 10 and go read all 289 others, they can.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 15, 2013 @ 6:33pm 
I'm not sure what you are talking about? sugestion section?
Adelion Apr 16, 2013 @ 3:09am 
As far as I understand his post he means the comment section of the games. He just wishes for someone reading through all comments and somehow summarize them. I think he missinterpreted (do you actually spell this like this?) the comment section for a suggestion section. Maybe Im also totally wrong on this.
But under the impression he means the comments for the games: Its highly unlikely that there will be a feature like a summarization of the comments because you would need someone unbiased (like a Valve employee) to read though ALL comments of ALL games and summarize it which is just a stupid amount of work. Alternatively the developer of the game could summarize his own comments which is undoubtely biased then and does not provide the information you want to see. Even if he tries to see it objectively it is sufficient if he just has a different viewing then you.
Skoardy Apr 16, 2013 @ 11:43am 
With a 1200+ games (and another 600+ in Concepts), the amount of work required would be ridiculous and useful summaries would be basically a nightmare to generate.

Can't you simply evaluate whether you would like a game without the reliance on other people's comments to convince you one way or another?
gargamell999 Apr 16, 2013 @ 4:38pm 
hello.... sorry for the miss spelling and differance of comments / suggestions. many of you copy a reply, paist it as a new reply and then write a comment about it. skoardy kind of has the right direction. some people make just one sentance or 2. others make a hole parograph of comment. skoardy the behind the steam employee would ignore the short stuff and just consentrait on the long winded comments. take 5 parographs that are for the game and 5 against it and have those availible off to the side of the page. like creat a summarize icon, if anyone clicks on the summari icon they could see the 10 parographs.

yes i completely understand if this is a GIANT waist of time. it is just a suggestion. you do not HAVE to do it. i'm just putting forth a idea to help people to come to a better disision. look at me i do not have a cell phone. i'm not playing angry birds or any of the many other free games on the cell phones. how would i know if a game in green light is a free ware game.
Skoardy Apr 16, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by gargamell999:
how would i know if a game in green light is a free ware game.
I imagine because it's say 'Free to Play' in the summary at the top and if you need any more information and the developer hasn't already stated it in the description, you could always ask the developer in the comments.

What could a random commenter add, anyway? How would Valve know if the information in these comments is factually correct?

Five (or five hundred) comments for/against a project isn't going to be of any help to me. I don't know these people. My brother absolutely loves driving games. Plays nothing but them. Me, I prefer RPGs. I wouldn't ask his opinion on any RPG on Greenlight so his paragraph going on about how so-and-so RPG is boring would be of very little value.
gargamell999 Apr 17, 2013 @ 2:35am 
ok thank you i guess this page can end hear. have funn
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2013 @ 5:46pm