Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
0m4rWuzH33r Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:41pm
Stealing people's games.
I'm so freaking sick of seeing people on Concepts take other people's game, say that it's their own, and put it on Greenlight. First, some 10-year old kid wirh Slender, then some other person with GTA5, then someone stole Brutal Doom and put it on Steam. I thought Concepts was for posting concepts of YOUR game, not games you want on Steam, or taking someone else's game. If people can abuse it to such an extent, than I don't even want Concepts here. Gosh darn, man. Heck, the reason why Valve made you have to pay $100 to get your game on Greenlight is so that some 12-year old with an Xbox-Live account can't steal other peoples' games.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
-Z- Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
They don't have to pay to post a concept. However, you can report concepts that clearly don't belong to the poster.
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:58pm 
1: You are correct about the use of the greenlight.
2: The reason some people are putting up other peoples games is because they misunderstand the concept of greenlight, and think its up to the users to suggest games to Valve to add to steam.
3: Games in the concept section will not be put on steam without being put in the greenlight section first. And I'm rather sure it will be discovered somewhere in the process that those people are not the proper owners.
4: Fraudulent game submissions will be removed if reported (although I think it is moderated rather slowly atm for some reason)
Skoardy Apr 13, 2013 @ 3:54am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
4: Fraudulent game submissions will be removed if reported (although I think it is moderated rather slowly atm for some reason)
It's disappointing that obviously fake projects can sit in Concepts for several weeks after being reported without moderation. Their continued presence only reinforces people's misconception about how Concepts works and could lead to even more unwanted projects.

Originally posted by Mindwedge:
5: Some may be displaying their sense of humor. I think this one was pretty obviously a joke. I'm still smiling at it. Sorry, but that's just funny.
I'm not sure allowing people to post trash if they happen to think they're being funny is that good an idea. It defeats the point of Greenlight/Concepts, lessens the chances people will take the system seriously and puts them off visiting/voting.
jeslyck Apr 13, 2013 @ 8:27am 
I really do not know why they dont have a student to monitor it, 60 minutes per day maintenance done. And if they do not bother to maintain the concepts page, then they should close it. It took them over a week to get a racist KKK post closed not good enough
Last edited by jeslyck; Apr 13, 2013 @ 8:30am
Skoardy Apr 13, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
When you make no rules you get anarchy up front.
Except there are rules. Along with a few other things, you specifically agree not to post other people's games and copyrighted material. The problem is with people ignoring the rules.

Regarding the GTA5, I don't really see the humour (or think that the poster intended any). It was just another one of those dumb wishful thinking request-type pages people make.
jeslyck Apr 13, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
I'm not sure allowing people to post trash if they happen to think they're being funny is that good an idea. It defeats the point of Greenlight/Concepts, lessens the chances people will take the system seriously and puts them off visiting/voting.

Preaching to the choir here. When you make no rules you get anarchy up front. I give credit to the GTA5 post, at least it showed a sense of humor about it.

They have rules just dont look like they have someone to execute on them. A job for Santa Claus small helpers ho ho ho
Last edited by jeslyck; Apr 13, 2013 @ 4:31pm
jeslyck Apr 14, 2013 @ 3:01am 
There are rules for game submissions too, but the only thing that enforced any of it was the fee.

It's like painted lines on a parking lot - it's a suggestion for how to park, but it won't slash your tires. Rules without consequences are mere suggestions.

Now I do not know what country you come from but in my country it costs 90+ U.S. dollar fine for parking illegal ( it includes everything )
jeslyck Apr 14, 2013 @ 6:09am 
private firms ( privately owned parking lot ) usually have a sub-company to provide those checks and they are commission paid sooo no.
Skoardy Apr 14, 2013 @ 7:54am 
Rules without consequences are mere suggestions.
Except there are consequences. These faux entries get removed and the people making them risk suspensions and bans on their accounts. Admittedly, a drugged sloth could probably moderate the Concepts section faster and it certainly doesn't help matters but there are both rules and consequences.
Sgt.Psycho Apr 14, 2013 @ 8:40pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
the people making them risk suspensions and bans on their accounts.

You have evidence of someone being suspended or banned yet? I'd enjoy hearing about it.

Possibly unrelated, but there was that kid who ranted on the forum, then went real quiet as everyone piled onto him. It turned out he had then been banned from (this) community for abuse. Once he was able to use it, he deleted his thread. I also note those dodgy entries do not hang around long anymore, and my "you've voted all X games in Greenlight" keep going down as things are removed from the system.

Moderation has improved, imho. Indeed the lack of hearing about it would seem to be a good thing...
Skoardy Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:23am 
You have evidence of someone being suspended or banned yet? I'd enjoy hearing about it.
How far do you need to move the goalposts and drag this out before you simply admit they've got rules, MW?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2013 @ 5:41pm