Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Guybrush20X6 Apr 8, 2013 @ 9:48am
Wonder what the next greenlit titles will be.
I know that Cradle is in the top 10 but that doesn't guarantee anything.
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
AusSkiller Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:23am 
Unfortunately I think there are some development issues with Cradle that might be preventing Valve from greenlighting it, I'm pretty sure it was in the top 10 last round too but it didn't get through. It's a pity because Cradle is the game I've most been looking forward to since greenlight started.

Edit:
Actually I just checked in on it again and they posted recently that they are still working on it so I've got my fingers crossed that it will get through this time :D
Last edited by AusSkiller; Apr 8, 2013 @ 10:26am
Sam Apr 8, 2013 @ 11:09am 
Cradle is probably going to make it (#4 recently)

Other than that, I think some strong candidates by genre:

Action Adventure: Day One : Garry's Incident (#13th recently)
Horror: DreadOut (#32 a few days ago, but the demo is moving the game up fast)
Shoot'em Up: Syder Arcade
Shooter: Dead Trigger (#11 recently)
Strategy: Talisman
Racing: Assetto Corsa

These are games I expect to get Greenlit in the next 2-3 rounds. Probably only Cradle makes it this round, I suspect the rest of the 9 titles are games I'm not interested in (RPG's, MMO's, Military things/first person shooters).
AIMonster Apr 8, 2013 @ 6:43pm 
I've been very wrong before on predictions. I decided to go through the list of games I voted on this time and try to use some sort of metric to gauge popularity. Out of the ones I voted yes on, these seems to be generating the most buzz (most pages of comments, at least 70+):

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
Dreadout
Agarest: Generations of War
Planet Explorers
Project Awakened
Haunt
Blockland
Cradle
Elsword
Day One: Garry's Incident
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller
Gunz 2: The Second Duel
Vector
Legends of Eisenwald

I'd be happy if 5 of those get Greenlit. I'd assume Valve is going to Greenlight about 10 or so more games.
Blashca Apr 9, 2013 @ 8:37am 
Inquisitor was 8th around the end of February so i'd be expecting to see it this time around.
Agarest: Generations of War is now in the top 100, I'm guessing somewhere in the 70-85 area by now, so it might make it based on interest alone if this keeps up.
Last edited by Blashca; Apr 9, 2013 @ 8:37am
Big Boom Boom Apr 9, 2013 @ 8:27pm 
Dreamfall Chapters would be a no brainer, since it's predecessors are already on Steam. It's pretty much just a formality at this stage.
Spydrebyte Apr 10, 2013 @ 8:49am 
Cradle and Cognition really need to be green-lit already... AVGN adventures is only a few days old but has broken the top 50 already.
gusgreco7 Apr 11, 2013 @ 1:25am 
-games i favorited that i think have some chances this round
dreamfall
dreadout
planet explorers
vector
paranormal
the legend
haunt
asseto corsa
cradle
-games i think will be greenlit although i dont like them that much
riot
blockland
gunz2
agarest
project awakened
bleed
that farming rpg game dont remember the name
-games i would love to see getting greenlit but wont happen imo this round
cognition
gray matter
ether one
the cat lady
eleusis

p.s when greenlight started i was sure that no adventure games would be greenlit, but im happy to see steam users showing some love to my favotite genre, so theres still hope for some adventure games. but i think valve should greenlight at least 2 adventure games each round since its the only genre indie developers can produce in a professional way, sometimes even better than professional studios (wadjet eyes for example, also from my list dreamfall, cradle,ether one and eleusis have the highest production values and they are all classic adventure games)
Last edited by gusgreco7; Apr 11, 2013 @ 2:00am
Carnwulf Apr 11, 2013 @ 4:14am 
I would love to see some Visual Novels here on Steam. But sadly the whole genre is underrated whithin steam. Therefore i voted for some of the winter wolves games. Damn i want to purchase those here, but cheaper as on ther homepage. I also saw a vampire Masquerade like game which looks a litle bit alpha but has potential. But honestly until now most Greenlightreleased games are not of my taste. And also the top voted games i see now sont seem appealing to me.
╙Mλgíċaℓ Ήøﻇσ╜ Apr 11, 2013 @ 9:02am 
ah man i missread this topic
#facepalm thought it said next gen not greenlite Lol..

never was into indie games nothn really caught my eye .. tried the baird and ah that black and white game where it has some crazy deaths if you messup but lost interest pretty fast

but im sure there will be some good 1
wilco64256 Apr 11, 2013 @ 9:29am 
Originally posted by ̿☢̿ 'Mλgiςaℓ Ήoﻇσ:
ah man i missread this topic
#facepalm thought it said next gen not greenlite Lol..

never was into indie games nothn really caught my eye .. tried the baird and ah that black and white game where it has some crazy deaths if you messup but lost interest pretty fast

but im sure there will be some good 1

For not being "into" Indie games, you sure own a bunch of them.
╙Mλgíċaℓ Ήøﻇσ╜ Apr 11, 2013 @ 9:35am 
lol ya they are pretty dayum cheap lol havnt got to play most of em
i wunna try that rock boulder thing

but internet sux here and dont feel like going to a cafe to download it xD
Punkstar Apr 11, 2013 @ 8:52pm 
Cradle i hope finally makes it *fingers crossed*, Dreamfall and AVGN games are getting in no matter what (was there ever any doubt?), Planet explorers is a quality game that might just make it in its first month (close run thing). DreadOut and whispering willows are personal favourites, not sure how well they are doing though.
Last edited by Punkstar; Apr 11, 2013 @ 8:56pm
Guybrush20X6 Apr 14, 2013 @ 5:17pm 
Well we'll find out soon enough. For now I have to sleep. (stupid time zones)
Pinballwiz45b Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
I'd love to see Pro Pinball to get Greenlit, if they succeed in their 2nd Kickstarter. For Pinball Arcade, I won't be bothering about it anymore, since either it will get Greenlit here or bypass it altogether (which will then remove the game from here).

This series still holds up pretty well, even after 14-17 years since it was first created. I might not see it on Steam anytime soon due to it not having as much fans as any other game. Still a nice one to add, along with TPA and Pinball FX 2 coming on the store soon.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93991209
Last edited by Pinballwiz45b; Apr 15, 2013 @ 2:25pm
Sam Apr 16, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
Originally posted by Punkstar:
Dreamfall and AVGN games are getting in no matter what (was there ever any doubt?),

Yea Dreamfall is a no brainer, the series has a big fanbase and the game is looking really high quality.

But why!, why do so many vote yes on "AVGN Adventures"?. People fell for Screwattacks money grab. The game is not made by James, and from what we have seen has very little incommon with the show except for the character. In fact if it didn't have the AVGN name and character, it could have passed as any generic browser based retro 2D platformer. There are dozens of similar games that look more promising, that the developers spent years polishing.

I'm a fan of AVGN, but I'm not falling for this one.
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2013 @ 9:48am