Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
aresgodofwar Apr 7, 2013 @ 3:45pm
Making steam a Browser
I think it would be a very awesome idea to make steam into an internet browser while still keeping everything else it has to offer. When you are playing a game and you open up steam page (Shift+Tab) you can use that to open a web browser to the internet for whatever your purpose. Why can't we open a web browser on steam without being in a game? I feel steam would improve itself if you were able to go on facebook and steam without having to change the tab.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
No One Apr 7, 2013 @ 7:51pm 
typical web browsers eventually have viruses custom made just for them much like os . theres some newer ones that target fire fox for instance and if google chrome ever toped it out it would be a priority for black hats every were to exploit security blind spots.

and given some of what has happend with facebook and viruses copying themselves into browsers cache do you want to log into steam one day and get bombarded with pron or worse steam wallet contents spent because some people on your firends list just had to go to facebook through steam ?
aresgodofwar Apr 9, 2013 @ 7:01pm 
NoOne: That is a good point I could see that happening easily now that I think about it. :P

Mindwedge: If it is already a browser do you know of anyway I can use it to get to different pages without having to go into a game first?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2013 @ 3:45pm