Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
gusgreco7 Apr 3, 2013 @ 2:57am
Why dtp games are on greenlight?
I am just curious about why dtp games have to go through greenlight.
Clearly all 9 of them are professionally made games and most of them well known.
Gray matter is considered one of the best adventure games of last years, Black mirror games are very popular, Venetica a well made crpg and crash time games are also well known and two of them allready on steam. Haunted is a new adventure game with good reviews on net.
I think other people are wondering as well.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
WonderRabbit Apr 3, 2013 @ 3:16am 
According to 'About Greenlight', ALL games new to Steam have to go through Greenlight.

There may be exceptions for publishers who already have games on Steam, but for 'new' developers/publishers, all must go through the GL process.

In short, Steam is somewhat of a democracy now.
gusgreco7 Apr 3, 2013 @ 3:24am 
thats right but there are some games on steam store from them allready, divinity 2 and drakensang i think.
Also i dont think that applies for all developers, like Konami, i think they dont have anything on store (maybe silent hill homecoming as a publisher) and they brought PES13 on store (and ofcourse im glad that didnt have to go through greenlight as well)
wilco64256 Apr 3, 2013 @ 8:39am 
Originally posted by WonderRabbit:
According to 'About Greenlight', ALL games new to Steam have to go through Greenlight.

Except dtp already has a dozen games on Steam. Wadjet Eye already had 11 before being pushed into Greenlight. Reverb already 9. So Valve doesn't even seem to follow their own rules in that regard.
Slash [ESP] Apr 4, 2013 @ 5:59am 
i want DTP games on steam
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 3, 2013 @ 2:57am