Demolition, Inc.
Welcome to Mike’s playground
Create fully destructible Demolition, Inc. levels with the new easy to use editor. Challenge your friends to beat your high scores or just enjoy leveling cities. Setup your own chain reactions, play and share your levels with the community. Learn how by clicking here.
Eyes 2 Mar 29, 2013 @ 8:42am
Level Editor: Post your bug reports here!
Hello,

Thanks to those of you who are trying out the new Demolition Inc level editor!

Please let us know if you have any problems using it in this thread. For bug reports, please include the following:

- Your graphics card model
- Your windows version
- The build of the game - look in the options menu and in the top-left should be Finald.PCBin.xxxxx. Give us this number.
- What you were doing when the problem occurred
- What happened, and what should have happened
- If you get a crash, a dialog should appear with a crash report - please send this to us.

Thanks!
Last edited by Eyes; Apr 8, 2013 @ 9:00am
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
short$ale 2 Apr 23, 2013 @ 10:56pm 
I'm getting an error message when attempting to post to the workshop:
"code 9 filenotfound". I successfully posted the level once, but took it down to fix something and I've gotten the error with each subsequent retry.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 630
Win7 HP 64bit
build 76764

Let me know if I need to adjust anything, thanks!
Eyes 2 Apr 24, 2013 @ 1:50am 
Hi shortsale, thanks for the report. When uploading a file that's been uploaded before, the game attempts to update the existing version of the level. But if you've removed the level, it'll fail, as you're finding. I'll attempt to make the game handle this better, but in the meantime try this:

- go to My Documents\DemolitionInc\[your steam user ID]\customLevels
- look for the most recently changed xml file - it should be the level you're trying to publish
- open it in notepad (right-click -> open with -> notepad)
- look for the line that starts with <LongName> - it should be the name you expect. If not, check other files in the customLevel folder
- Look for the line that starts <PublishedFileID>, and delete it.
- Save the file and try and publish again.

Let me know if that works!
short$ale 2 Apr 24, 2013 @ 11:04pm 
The game itself gave me a successful publish message, but the steam workshop generated a different error:

"That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author."

I checked the .xml file after the second publishing attempt, and the deleted PublishedFileID line item was replaced with
<PublishedFileID>-1</PublishedFileID>

Here's the link to the actual source file if that helps
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/65854898/_20130424011939__01d851ca3c0d6812.xml
Eyes 2 Apr 25, 2013 @ 6:26am 
Hi again shortsale,
I've made a new beta build that should fix this problem. If you'd like to test it for us, that would be great!

Just right-click them game in steam, click Properties, then BETAS, and then select workshopbeta.
short$ale 2 Apr 25, 2013 @ 9:28am 
Yes, I would love to! I will let you know what I find.
short$ale 2 May 1, 2013 @ 1:29am 
with the beta version I was able to upload the original file that was giving me a problem, along with a second new one. thanks!
Lardius May 16, 2013 @ 9:12am 
The achievement "Magnetism III" is block to 1.125.900 $....
The Phred 16 Oct 19, 2013 @ 10:56pm 
I'm getting a bug with the radio control receiver: if I place it somewhere and test it, then delete it or move it somewhere else, the controller effect stays in the original position and the game completely ignores the revised placement.

I've had some other errors when I've exceeded the safe limitations of the game engine, which I've discussed with the helpdesk; but this one occurred early in the map development before it got very complex.

Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Operating system: Win7 HP 64 bit
Build: 76764

Also, there's a glitch with the gas truck when it's placed too close to the edge of the map (within two squares parallel or one square at right angles): it can't be selected yusing the Car Controller. This doesn't effect cars or vans.
Godz xBleach Sep 7 @ 3:09pm 
secondo me e un bel gioco
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 29, 2013 @ 8:42am