Steam Greenlight
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 27 日 上午 8:06
Slender Games?
I love the Slender franchise, and I think Steam could make a lot out of putting some of Marc Steene's 'Slender Man' based games on Steam. I know for sure I'd buy them.
< >
目前顯示第 1-14 則留言,共 14
wilco64256 2013 年 3 月 27 日 上午 8:56 
Then contact the developer and suggest they be put onto Greenlight.
Snaeng 2013 年 3 月 27 日 上午 9:34 
I love the [insert random name] franchise, and I think Steam could make a lot out of putting some of [insert random name] based games on Steam.

Personally: Please not. Slenderman was boring, and there are a million cheap ripoffs.
C0untzer0 2013 年 3 月 27 日 上午 9:35 
then realise that steam has a policy of no Slenders until their lawyers have dealt with the person actually holding the rights, hence Slendy turning into a plague doctor before being allowed through the GL process.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 3 月 27 日 下午 6:45 
Marc Steene's? I thought the guy that made up Slender man was named Victor Surge? How is Marc involved?
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 28 日 上午 9:15 
Marc Steene is the producer of the games, not the guy who made up Slender ;)
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 12:31 
引用自 Conna
Marc Steene is the producer of the games, not the guy who made up Slender ;)
Googling his name I find out that Marc Steene is 18 years old and involved in only one slender game as far as I can tell: project lead of "Slenderman's shadow" which "is based off of indie game 'Slender'" (and that he is selling the game)

I find no mention of Marc's name anywhere else. Especially not on Slender: Arrival or Slender: Eight pages who both are associated with Mark Hadley as the named developer.

I see no indication that Marc realizes that Slender man is copyrighted and not in the public domain or free to use him without permission or that he has gotten permission (maybe you can clear that up for me?). There doesn't seem to be any copyright notice anywhere on his site.

(Granted I'm not finding any copyright notice on the Arrival or Eightpages pages either, there is a mention of who created the character on the arrival page, but that seems to be it?)
EDIT: there is a mention in Slender: Arrivals FAQ that Victor Surge has licenced slenderman to be used in Arrival.
最後修改者:Gorlom[Swe]; 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 12:42
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 12:34 
At the beginning of the Eight Pages it says 'Produced by Marc Steene' Search it on youtube. And the 'Slendermansshadow' is a collection of Slender games on different maps, which are $6.99 for all of them. I bought them recently, but I would love to be able to have them in my Steam library, as just the whole fact of having games on Steam seems somewhat better to me than having games downloaded from Websites.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 12:45 
引用自 Conna
At the beginning of the Eight Pages it says 'Produced by Marc Steene' Search it on youtube. And the 'Slendermansshadow' is a collection of Slender games on different maps, which are $6.99 for all of them. I bought them recently, but I would love to be able to have them in my Steam library, as just the whole fact of having games on Steam seems somewhat better to me than having games downloaded from Websites.

What should I be looking for? Searching for "slender" "eight pages" and "credits" only gives me this:

Opening credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0Uu3_GpMzs

Ending Credits: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYeDIiPtdKE

Marc Steene is mentioned in neither, still only Mark Hadley.

PS: Marc Steene's "Slender man's shadow" already seems to be on greenligh? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=110760618

最後修改者:Gorlom[Swe]; 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 12:51
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 1:03 
Oh, you're right. At the beginning of all the slendermansshadow games it says 'Produced By Marc Steene' and at the beginning of the 8 Pages it says 'Produced By Parsec Productions'.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 1:20 
Next question: Does Marc Steene have permission to use Slenderman? Or will he eventually be served a cease and desist order and be sued for selling other peoples property?
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 1:22 
Im 100% sure Slenderman isn't copyrighted in itself. Marc Steene has the copyrights for his games, but nobody 'Owns' Slnderman.
Gorlom[Swe] 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 1:45 
引用自 Conna
Im 100% sure Slenderman isn't copyrighted in itself. Marc Steene has the copyrights for his games, but nobody 'Owns' Slnderman.
Wasn't Marc selling an updated version of eight pages? You said his game was a compilation of "all the other" slender games? At least you gave me that impression. How can he have copyright to eight pages? Edit: nvm that was probably a misunderstanding on my part from a comment on the slendermans shadow greenlight page.

I think Slenderman is indeed copyrighted. To my knowledge Intellectual Property like a character is automatically copyrighted, and unless released to the public domain (or sold to someone else) the creator owns the character.

This is the reason the Slender: The Arrival FAQ (http://www.slenderarrival.com/?page=faq) makes a point to mention that:
Slenderman was created by Victor Surge, how are you guys able to release a commercial product?

Eric "Victor Surge" Knudsen has licensed SlenderMan rights to the game Slender.

I was also under the impression that Victor Surge sold the rights to slenderman to someone else. That someone has bought the rights suggests they are prepared to defend it. I can't seem to find any indication that he has sold it right now, but I've heard other people say it.
最後修改者:Gorlom[Swe]; 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 2:10
Fantasy 2013 年 3 月 28 日 下午 1:57 
Marc Steene owns his Slendermansshadow games, not the Eight Pages.
Flo 2013 年 4 月 1 日 上午 11:34 
There was a dumb Slender game Greenlit that didn't get through due to legal issues.

Thank God.
< >
目前顯示第 1-14 則留言,共 14
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 3 月 27 日 上午 8:06
回覆: 14