Steam Greenlight
B✪✪tsy 26. mar. 2013 kl. 9:34
So many 'simple' games
if [rant=true] { then
{

I tried to say it nice in the title, but what I really mean is that there so many low quality games on Greenlight, it is 85% indie cra p and so many zombie/horror projects that are all the same as the 100+ games you already can find on Steam. I am getting the feeling that anyone can 'create' games now and especially indie games with a bit of software. If you look at the new releases on Steam almost 8 out of 10 games are indie platformers,puzzle,arcade,etc! I am really hoping for some innovation and fresh idea's and decent graphics and solid gameplay with in depth story, not an other platformer number 10001 and survival game number 10001, 16bit games,indie puzzle rpg cra p, etcetera!.

It is fine that other people like those games, but the result is that Steam store is getting spammed with the 'simple games' and all those games will be listed under 4 or more categories. Result is that you have to spend half an hour scrolling through the categories to skip all these 'simple games' only to find some real quality games that you are actually looking for.

More quality on the Greenlight please!

waitUntil {RantDone _this};
};
};
< >
Viser 1-4 af 4 kommentarer
wilco64256 26. mar. 2013 kl. 9:51 
Vote them down and move on with your life. Some people like them. Welcome to the age where casual gamers are just as common (if not more so) than hardcore gamers.
Thordred 26. mar. 2013 kl. 15:19 
Then help to separate the wheat from the chaff, vote "yes" on good games, "no" on the bad ones. That's what Greenlight is for. ;)
dotbsp 26. mar. 2013 kl. 21:11 
Simple answer: Deal with it.

Long answer: Give a coherent objective definition of what qualifies as a "quality" game.

Just looking at the front page I see Bioshock Infinite, Planetside 2, Warframe, Assassin's Creed 3, The Cave, Arma 3, etc. All really huge AAA games.
Sidst redigeret af dotbsp; 26. mar. 2013 kl. 21:12
Ganger 27. mar. 2013 kl. 6:17 
I know were the OP is coming from on this, they are a lot of so called simple games on this greenlight but take the view of the indy dev. If it wasn't for steams greenlight project, would his/her game ever get the light day. Today a small indy day, tens years down the line - a big AAA+ dev making $60 million dollar games. Or some of these indy devs may be picked up by some big studio one day to.
< >
Viser 1-4 af 4 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato opslået: 26. mar. 2013 kl. 9:34