Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Knight of Empremphis Mar 17, 2013 @ 11:54am
concept's
hi can you give me a bit more info on submitting a concept onto greenlight please
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
wilco64256 Mar 17, 2013 @ 11:58am 
Start by reading the About Greenlight tab at the top of the page.
Knight of Empremphis Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:08pm 
it doesn't help much
wilco64256 Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:10pm 
Maybe you could be a bit more specific about what it is you don't understand? The concept section is pretty straightforward.
Knight of Empremphis Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:12pm 
i would like to know whether i have to copyright my idea before i put it up and do i have to create something before i upload my concept
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
You need to refer to copyright laws for that, but I think that should be automatic? (Don't quote me on that) But that doesn't really mean your idea is protected and if you have such qualms/worries you probably shouldn't submit anything.

If you upload to the concept section you do not need to create anything except possibly a design document.
I belive the greenlight section requires screenshots at least. But even if it doesn't you wil lget a lot of crap by the community and it will be a career suicide to put anything in there before you even have anything.
Snaeng Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:23pm 
Originally posted by knight of empremphis (Kooe12):
i would like to know whether i have to copyright my idea before i put it up and do i have to create something before i upload my concept

Never get legal advice on the internet!

Anyway, your concept is automatically copyrighted by yourself, as it is your idea. But this does not stop other people from changing some little things and sell it as their idea.. And you can't stop them from that. Besides that, I doubt you'd have the money to sue someone for copyright fraud (note that this easily can cost you ten thousands).
Last edited by Snaeng; Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:27pm
Knight of Empremphis Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:25pm 
but it seems like my only option
wilco64256 Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:30pm 
Originally posted by knight of empremphis:

If you're old enough to legally enter into a contract with Steam to distribute and sell you're product then you're old enough to get legal advice from an actual legal expert.
Last edited by wilco64256; Mar 17, 2013 @ 12:31pm
Snaeng Mar 17, 2013 @ 1:54pm 
Originally posted by knight of empremphis (Kooe12):

Are you sure? On the internet you can ask 10 people a simple yes/no question, and you will get at least 8 different answers. And in such a place you're asking for LEGAL ADVICE? Would could an answer here possible mean? You can't know if it's correct or not, you can't trust any one in such a sensitive area here. The only reliable source for information regarding this case is an expert - which you won't find here.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2013 @ 11:54am