Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Arzén-Küszöbmajom-Isten-Tulok Mar 16, 2013 @ 2:44pm
Can i "upload" my RPG Maker XP game?
Hi guys!

I'm working on an RPG Maker Xp Project, aaand i wanna know 2 things.
First is so can i upload my project to the Greenlight without any bad effect?
And how can i do it like "To The Moon". You know what i mean? :| If you do a game in RPG Maker Xp and somebody want to play with it, he must download the client too. So how can i do it like the To The Moon Developers? :| I hope you can help me. Peace:)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
jeslyck Mar 16, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Look at About Greenlight
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 16, 2013 @ 3:11pm 
I'd probably suggest a later RPG maker version than XP. The VX series lets you export the game (like to the moon as I understand it).

As long as you can pay the 100 dollars fee I don't see a problem with submitting to greenlight, there are already a few rpgmaker games on there I think. However their reception from the greenlight community has been rather hostile so you'd better have a thick skin.
Your chances of getting it onto steam is probably rather low if this is your first project. Especially if you do no outside advertisement or win some kind of awards.
Skoardy Mar 17, 2013 @ 3:44am 
A lot of RPG Maker games tend to be near identical, using generic assets and promising much without really showing anything. It's a tough sell to convince people that your RPG Maker game is in any way different from the thousands of existing free games already out there. Just saying it's a great game isn't really enough. You've got to bring something special and unique to the table to get noticed.
C0untzer0 Mar 17, 2013 @ 4:36am 
Pretty sure 1 in 10 people did
Snaeng Mar 17, 2013 @ 8:28am 
Don't forget to actual BUY the RPG Maker. If you use a copied version from the internet you can get big trouble. And listen to Skoardy. If you use generic assets, then your game is (no matter what you say how unique and special it is) just one of thousands.
Arzén-Küszöbmajom-Isten-Tulok Mar 23, 2013 @ 10:21am 
Thank you guys :)) You helped me a lot. ^^ I've been thinking a lot about this "game". :))
I know there's a lot this type of other RPG game and i know that it should be so ♥♥♥♥ing amazing and unique :)) I don't want to make money with this project, but i want to know what's others opinion. :)) Thank you guys!!! ^^
C0untzer0 Mar 23, 2013 @ 11:20am 
Originally posted by Arzén-Küszöbmajom-Isten-Tulok:
Thank you guys :)) You helped me a lot. ^^ I've been thinking a lot about this "game". :))
I know there's a lot this type of other RPG game and i know that it should be so ♥♥♥♥ing amazing and unique :)) I don't want to make money with this project, but i want to know what's others opinion. :)) Thank you guys!!! ^^
I'm not going to say "Don't put it on Greenlight", but I will suggest you try IndieDB first, people there tend to be more constructive and understanding, so you'll get a lot more useful feedback than you will here. Good Luck.
Arzén-Küszöbmajom-Isten-Tulok Mar 25, 2013 @ 12:20pm 
I'll do it. :) thank you :)
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 16, 2013 @ 2:44pm