Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Conor Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:18am
Trolls or stupid people?
Nearly every game has people saying its a Minecraft ripoff.
Games like Sky Nations has a LOT saying its a Minecraft ripoff for having blocks and there's a lot less obious ones than that.
Showing 1-15 of 276 comments
< >
-Z- Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:35am 
Mostly? Stupid people. They have yet to figure out that sharing an aesthetic design does not make a game a clone.
Conor Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:42am 
I don't see how Minecraft owns anything nevermind everything
No One Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:44am 
to be fair its not just the way it looks its also that you make things out of blocks . its something any voxel game (or simular engine) will have to deal with . cube world is less mine craft than sky nations and its made of blocks aswell
Skoardy Oct 26, 2013 @ 6:55am 
Originally posted by Conor:
Nearly every game has people saying its a Minecraft ripoff.
Heh. Someone complaining that people are making lazy generalisations by starting out generalising. Ask yourself why you did it and I guess you'll have your answer.
Sera Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:21am 
Except he's right. Though he should have said "Nearly every minecraft-like games" because people really are that stupid when they see such a game.
Skoardy Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:32am 
Originally posted by Sera:
Except he's right.
Except for not saying what you said, yes, he would have been right. But he didn't so he wasn't.
Dave the Rave Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:35am 
People only notice similarities in a game if it's a similarity to Minecraft, but when another war-time shooter with dull brown graphics is released no one says: "Hey! This is just another war-time shooter with dull brown graphics."
Last edited by Dave the Rave; Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:36am
Sera Oct 26, 2013 @ 7:52am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Except for not saying what you said, yes, he would have been right. But he didn't so he wasn't.
lol, fine. Point taken...
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 26, 2013 @ 8:13am 
Originally posted by topgamer21:
People only notice similarities in a game if it's a similarity to Minecraft, but when another war-time shooter with dull brown graphics is released no one says: "Hey! This is just another war-time shooter with dull brown graphics."
No, but they do say "arrrgh another zombie game" even if it is a metrovanian rpg, space/scifi mmo or skyskraper simulator (with zombies as construction workers) that go with a strong zombie theme (or possibly contain any zombies at all).

I think there are some that say it about 2D platformers too but they have been silent for a month or two now...
Zeiguy Oct 26, 2013 @ 10:12am 
nope
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 26, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Originally posted by zeiguy:
nope
Just one more for that community ambassador badge.... I suggest trying out the steam market.
Sell a trading card or buy a TF2 crate.
Proof of Purchase Oct 26, 2013 @ 4:51pm 
I like trolls I wish someone would give me keys to cs go crates
h4ll4 Oct 26, 2013 @ 6:43pm 
eeeeeeeeey
mega_capo Oct 26, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
in games theres a lot of people and troll they are everywhere theres no game in what they are but some trolls they are stupids but just for joke and laught
Cheechako Oct 26, 2013 @ 8:22pm 
This thread is a rip-off of one I read on the Minecraft forums the other day.
Showing 1-15 of 276 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 26, 2013 @ 5:18am