Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
James Oct 25, 2013 @ 2:30pm
Can Valve say how much money has been raised for charity through the Greenlight fee?
Just wondered.

Has any money been donated yet?
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 25, 2013 @ 3:26pm 
I'm not sure how many projects registered before the fee was introduced but once we know that we jsut need to subtract those from the number of projects on greenlight to get a rough estimate (devs only pay once so multiple projects by the same dev still only means 1 fee being paid, but on the other hand there are some projects that has been removed for various resons that has most likely paid their fee so I assume it evens out.)

I suspect/assume it's somewhere around or a little more than $100 000. Presumably it gets donated as soon as it goes through.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Oct 25, 2013 @ 3:27pm
Blomkvist Oct 27, 2013 @ 11:29am 
I'm also interested why are you wondering for such a strange thing =)
James Oct 27, 2013 @ 1:45pm 
It was a nice gesture by Valve and am interested how much they have raised for a good cause.
James Oct 27, 2013 @ 4:56pm 
Captain obvious, thank you for your contribution to the thread.

Edit:
Whomever posted before me decided to remove their none sensical post.
Last edited by James; Nov 10, 2013 @ 1:10pm
Flawless Nov 10, 2013 @ 12:43pm 
good question sir, cause i thought valve got a lot of income :)
Oizson Nov 11, 2013 @ 12:11pm 
Wonder why they don't just open it for public
wilco64256 Nov 11, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
Originally posted by Oizson:

Open what?
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 11, 2013 @ 6:34pm 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
Originally posted by Oizson:

Open what?
I assumed he meant the information about how much is raised and donated, but now that you ask it could jsut as well be for submitting games to greenlight... if it is the latter case then it should be explained to Oizson that that didn't work when they tried it.

If it is the first part. then why should they? a bit of math and it is easy to figure out.
Besides the money raised for charity isn't the point, preventing false or joke submissions is.
C0untzer0 Nov 11, 2013 @ 11:20pm 
It's also possible that Valve themselves don't have the information. There is a subtle difference between raising money and donating it. Valve don't collect the money and then pass it on, what they do is essentially tell people to give $100 and bring them a reciept. Due to a number of factors (handling fees, multiple submissions by the same person, etc) it's not entirely as clear as many would believe.
Oizson Nov 12, 2013 @ 11:45am 
Wow thanks didn't think about that :) sry for my bad grammar.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2013 @ 2:30pm