The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
CriticalMass2050 Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:41pm
unsubscribe from mods no longer on steam workshop
I plan on starting a new game and I have some mods that I cannot unsubscribe because they have been taken down from the steam workshop. If I just delete the mods in the Skyrim Data list then delete any files for these mods will I have the same problem I have been reading about where Skyrim crashes because steam is still trying to download updates for these mods?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
jjb-54 Oct 21, 2013 @ 7:00pm 
If they are no long on-line, they cannot be downloads by anyone - Steam or you. (If I am understanding your question.)

So simply -> IF YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU WILL NO LONGER USE THEM <- simply HIGHLIGHT in the DATA FILE section and then hit the bottom L-Botton - DELETE SELECTED and they are gone from you computer and cannot be re-loaded or used.
CriticalMass2050 Oct 26, 2013 @ 4:44pm 
Everything was working fine until today when I got this error message twice then Skyrim finished synchronizing subscribed mods.

Failed to get details for "(abstract characters here)"! Steam error 15

Before I started Skyrim I did subscribe to a mode for Left 4 Dead 2 today.
Last edited by CriticalMass2050; Oct 26, 2013 @ 4:45pm
jjb-54 Oct 26, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
Yes, you will get error with MODS no longer in Steam MOD library. But they are still on your Harddrive if you did not delete them. It is basically telling you what you already know. GONE!

They will work just fine if they are still on your computer and active (checked)

Unless there is something else going on that is not posted??
satansdik Oct 27, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
Wouldn't deleting all local files and then starting fresh work? You wouldn't be subscribed to anything if you deleted all your local files, or am I mistaken in this assumption?
CriticalMass2050 Oct 27, 2013 @ 4:15pm 
I forgot to mention the error messages came up after I unchecked, unsubscribed, click deleted in the Skyrim Data list, and deleted any files left behind in the Skyrim Data folder for some of the mods I no longer use. Looks like I may have to do the same with the rest of the steam workshop mods then resubscribe to them. Just wish did not have to do this because I do not want to corrupt my previous saves.
jjb-54 Oct 28, 2013 @ 7:56am 
Likely already is. (Corrupted saves) .. so just best expect it to be the case, then if it is not - you will happy and not disappointed.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:41pm