Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Firestorm_one Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:05am
Concept or full on Greenlight
I'm currently making a game and its about 60% done, its quite playable with a few people beta testing it. Just wandering what peoples thoughts were about people posting games to the games section of Greenlight that haven't been finished?

I was thinking on putting mine in the concept section but then thought its gone far beyond that stage now. Equally on reading the discussions of unfinished games, some people are unhappy and feel they should only be on the games section of Greenlight when its practically done.

I understand as a developer there is a need to get your game out there especially if you have a kickstarter campaign going even if the game is half complete, but just wanted to hear what other peoples thoughts were about the subject.

There is of course early access but I'm not sure how to get onto that.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:11am 
I'd suggest putting it on as a concept until your assets are finalised and you can produce a smooth video of how your game will actually look and play. People don't like voting for placeholder graphics, and being told "It'll get better" isn't really persuasive.
Gorlom[Swe] Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:27am 
Putting it up when it is 100% complete is kind of late, but if you put it up before what you have to show is representative of your game you've shot yourself in the foot by posting it too early. So it's a balance game when to put it up.

Early Access is for games that has already been accepted onto Steam either through greenlight or publishing deal.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 21, 2013 @ 5:05am