Steam Greenlight
BadBreath 17 października 2013 o 9:32
New features
I was reading the following:

On the debated nature of Steam Greenlight voting itself, Newell continued, “Votes on Greenlight provide a useful point of data in gauging community interest, but we’re aware that votes alone may be an inexact form of gauging customer interest. So we also try to incorporate additional information we have about factors such as press reviews, crowd-funding successes, performance on other similar platforms, and awards and contests to help form a more complete picture of community interest in each title.”

He concluded, “Much of the evolution of Steam and Greenlight is driven by what the community of gamers and developers tell us they want to see made possible. Right now, we’re focused on expanding the depth and breadth of our catalog. That expansion and addition of content is going to come with a need to innovate and iterate on how customers browse for games and evaluate potential purchases.”

This seems encouraging and an indication that they will give us the option of searching and filtering. This ties in quite nicely with my predictions. I don't see how they can just lump in thousands of new items without giving people the option of searching better.

Whats baffling is why they even bother with Greenlight? Its not really adding anything. Newell was discussing the need to showcase successful games. I can see why its going to be changed I suppose when then number of titles gets about 1000 they will evolve/devolve it into something completely different.
Data napisania: 17 października 2013 o 9:32