Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
KidKat Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:09pm
Game developing?
What if I had an awesome and NEW idea foir an awesome third-person-Game, how could i get a game-developer to get interested in it? or how would i contact it? I also want to be involved in the process of the develop, and i would enjoy some of the profit. Is that possible? The Idea is completely new, there was never any game similar.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:38pm 
Pay them. That'll get their interest.
AusSkiller Oct 16, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Pay them. That'll get their interest.
This.

Don't expect to be able to get any money for an idea for a game, there are billions of good game ideas out there already, almost every developer will have at least one idea of their own that they would much rather work on but don't have the funds to make it, so asking them to make your own idea for free (let alone pay you for it) really isn't going to motivate any of them to do so.

If you really want to see your idea get made the only real options are to publicly advertise your idea in it's entirety free for anyone to use and hope a developer picks it up (which is highly unlikely), or to learn to make the game yourself which is a much more realistic option. These days tools for making games are relatively simple to use (with a bit of patience), just pick up unity and learn some C#, and you can just buy a lot of assets for a game fairly cheaply too. You can find a few threads here on what you need to get started, and there are plenty of helpful sites like http://www.gamedev.net with tutorials on how to develop a game.
KidKat Oct 17, 2013 @ 11:46am 
thx, actually trying it with unity now :)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 16, 2013 @ 1:09pm