Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Soldieroffilth Oct 10, 2013 @ 7:55pm
Skimming through the Greenlight,
And from what I have seen on Steam itself, I see a lot of games that either 1) look like another game found somewhere else in the gaming universe, or 2) has a good idea but is lacking in another area.

I love indie games, the indie game is what the players want to play, or so I should hope. The dev giants have forsaken true hardcore gamers in pursuit of money, so it has been up to the indie game devs to make games like Starforge and Kerbal Space Program. I myself have been playing games for over 20 years now. I remember playing Civilization 2, Master of Orion 2, StarFox 64, Ballblazer, Joust, Jynx, Mario Brothers, Donkey Kong, all of those games. I myself am developing a game I hope to get on Greenlight here in the next month or two, but I am not here to advertise, if you are interested ask me in a message.

What I do want to say is this, everyone has right to make a game if they can get the skill together to do it. I believe they should also have the right to put it up on greenlight for a reasonable fee. However, with that it will be the players responsability to filter out what they do not want on steam. Not just by not voting for it but by providing constructive criticism of the game and presenting valid arguement against it, and the same thing should go for those who are in support of it. While I appreciate that there are those who do want to speak out against the games they think are worthless and those who speak for the games they think are worth it, I ask that you do defer to big brother. Please do not ask big brother to regulate or discriminate against the indie devs and or would be indie devs. It is hard enough to get into the game industry anyways with all of the "It's not a first person shooter!" scrutiny out there especially when I and people like myself make games, not simulators. Defering to big brother will only ruin it and I am afraid, sadly, that I have already seen a few individuals doing it. Please let your voices and reason be the deciding factor and not the begging of big brother for more regulation.
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Soldieroffilth Oct 11, 2013 @ 5:27am 
Big brother is just another term used to refer to an authorizing entity, in this case it would be the Steam Devs.
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 10, 2013 @ 7:55pm