Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:14am
Greenlight filter
As im looking through ALOT of Greenlight projects and aswell as the Greenlit ones : Alot of Garbage is getting released on Steam.

Either valve should higher the Greenlight fee's from 100 to like 500,1000 or 2000€.
Or get some Personal that checks every single game.

I dont want my precious Steam get flooded with ♥♥♥♥ games.
(just an example : Huntsman : The Orphanage)
and alot more
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
< >
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:17am 
You are aware that you don't have to buy every game that's released on Steam, aren't you?
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:20am 
Oh no...really? I thought i have to BUY EVERY SINGLE GAME.
Still it's and we dont want it flooded with low quality ♥♥♥♥ games, wich sadly get sold aswell.
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:22am 
If you know that you don't have to buy every game, then you should also realize that this isn't actually a problem. There are games being released that don't catch your interest. So what?
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:24am 
Just higher the Greenlight fee,so not every so called "gamedesigner\developer" can release HERE.
Im not even talking about my interest or Genre's i prefere.
Im talking about the Games that are just so bad and poor quality that you wouldnt even play them Free2play.
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:25am 
Or how about you just get over it and learn that Valve doesn't need your personal approval for what they put in their store?
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:27am 
Im sure im not the only one who thinks like that ;)...just take a look at the Greenlight discussions
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:28am 
Oh, I'm aware that there's more people than just you who feel personally violated that there are a sufficient number of people interested in the greenlit games to get them into the store. Doesn't make it any less ridiculous.
Last edited by -Z-; Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:28am
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:30am 
Its not ridiculous.
Its the same as for : for Example : American Idol or whatever....So many People think they can sing and have the talent to be a good musician,but they're just horrible.
Same with Greenlight when it comes to developers.

Last edited by hunned; Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:30am
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:32am 
It is completely ridiculous. There is absolutely no reason for anyone to get upset that a game they don't like just so happens to be available via Steam for those who want it.

You should try going through all the games that have been submitted. It'll grant you some much-needed perspective.
Pantheon Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:33am 
"I don't like game X! It shouldn't be sold!"

This might come as a surprise to you hunned, but opinions differ.
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:34am 
Im just worried about the MASS,not a couple games....lets see in 5 years?
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:35am 
If Gabe's vision for Steam comes to pass, in 5 years all the dregs will be possibly on Steam because it will be an open network instead of having Greenlight holding things back.
Pantheon Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:36am 
I'll still don't care in five years. No one is forcing me to look at those games or buy them, so what is your problem?
-Z- Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:37am 
Originally posted by Pantheon:
I'll still don't care in five years. No one is forcing me to look at those games or buy them, so what is your problem?
Quite right.

Don't want it, don't buy it. Non-existent problem solved.
hunned Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:39am 
Okay See ya,gonna develop a game like Pong just with 16bit colors...:-*
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Oct 9, 2013 @ 6:14am