Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
Flashover Dec 8, 2013 @ 3:50am
So I'm going to be a Modder! Now, what?
Woke up this morning, decieded I am going to Make my own CIV 5 mod. No experience, No problem, right?

Well, where do I start? I can't even find any tutorials on how to make a mod, youtube is full of tutorials on how to install a mod.

So a few questions to get me started:
What is Steam Workshop? Is it a program I download?
Is the Game modded from inside the game? Do I have to launch it to edit like a game editor?

Is there a good Modding Guide I can read to get me started?
Last edited by Flashover; Dec 8, 2013 @ 3:50am
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Flashover Dec 8, 2013 @ 4:06am 
XML? I wear Large, not Extra Large. Shouldn't it be XLM? Extra Large Medium. That doesn't even make sense. I'll figure this out....
Flashover Dec 8, 2013 @ 4:13am 
XML? I don't have satillite radio.
Flashover Dec 8, 2013 @ 4:28am 
SDK? Is that a branch of the Masonic Order?
Flashover Dec 8, 2013 @ 6:48am 
What ever happened to HTML? Is that not used anymore....I feel old.
simabolbol Dec 8, 2013 @ 12:17pm 
You should be able to find everything you always wanted to know about modding but were too shy to ask here[forums.civfanatics.com]. This[forums.civfanatics.com] particular thread contains a very useful, albeit slightly outdated, guide. There are other guides in the forum (first link) that will carry on from where that guide left off.

Let me know if u need any more help.
FaceEaterMaximus Dec 9, 2013 @ 7:33pm 
Well, to start making a mod go to tools in your steam library and get the sid meiers civ 5 SDK. I didn't tell you how because, sadly, it requires deleted software. So I wish I could tell you more. Try asking a real modder
simabolbol Dec 10, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
Here[download.microsoft.com]'s the link for the "deleted" software, says the "fake" modder.
Last edited by simabolbol; Dec 10, 2013 @ 4:54pm
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2013 @ 3:50am