Contraption Maker

Create and discover new contraptions
Find the best puzzles made by the community members. Then make your own puzzles to stump the world, or just show off your cool creations. Click here to learn how to get started.
Gortz 3 Nov 16, 2013 @ 8:36am
uploading to workshop
So i erased a puzzle i uploaded to the workshop to modify the puzzle, but i doesn't let me re-upload(failed); worked changing the name of the puzzle
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Makies Okami 146 Nov 16, 2013 @ 8:49pm 
If an upload fails try again later on. It would say upload failed for me but trying again later would then fix it. If you change the name of the puzzle it'll upload an entirely new upload. Not changing the name causes only the new changes to be made next time the puzzle is played.
Gortz 3 Nov 17, 2013 @ 7:54am 
i tried several times in 3 different days and didn't worked until i changed the name
Makies Okami 146 Nov 17, 2013 @ 9:32am 
If it didn't work for three consecutive days then my guess would be problems with the workshop.
Sounds awfully weird that changing the name and making it a different upload fixes the problem.
keithj2  [developer] 7 Nov 18, 2013 @ 4:25pm 
This is a bug in Contraption Maker. The stash is a different copy from the one in your working directory. When you delete from the stash, the level is deleted from Steam, but the working copy still has the publishId. So when you try to republish it, it fails.

You can work around this by editing the working copy in a text editor and setting the publishId field to an empty string.

Probably what I'll do to fix this is first try to do a publish update, and if that fails with the right error code from Steam (level not found), it will do a new publish.

The other workaround is, as you found, to change the name. We always clear out the publishId when the name changes.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50