Left 4 Dead 2

Your own custom apocalypse
Discover and download new maps, Add-ons, Mutations and more! Want to try your hand at modding or want to upload your mod to Steam? Click here to learn more.
^1 . Dec 26, 2013 @ 2:09pm
Problem with skins/map from workshop (not appear in-game)
Hi there

A simple problem. I bought l4d2 some month ago, on a other computer. I've re-downloaded it with my actual pc.

But all the workshop files i subscribed, are still set as subscribed but id wasnt downloaded on my computer, because ingame are actually for me the "originals" skins.

On my c:/xxx/left4dead2/addons, i only have the workshop folder, and inside of it only the jpegs of the skin i subscribed.

I also tryed to add some new maps, but it didnt worked.

How can i fix it, to be able downloading some more skins?

Thanks, best regards
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
PAUZEjesse Dec 26, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Just unsubsribe for them then resubscribe unless you have a whole bunch and don't want it to take forever... In that case just copy paste them from the L4D2 addon files in your program files.
^1 . Dec 26, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
Well ill try that way unsubscribe/resuscribe.. but as i said i have noting on the addon OR wokshop folder, and the new items i subscrived do not even download too! the only way would to down them manually from a non steam link but im very lasy to do it...
PAUZEjesse Dec 26, 2013 @ 5:52pm 
Ah well, if you change you're mind just go to L4Dmaps.com [www.l4dmaps.com]
^1 . Dec 27, 2013 @ 11:23am 
Okay ive fixed it out. Idk what of those steps helped, but ill release this for all the ones having this problem and couldnt fix it.
I unsubscibed to all the skin i was on. (but i kept them on some chromes pages to get it quick back and not searching em back for ages)
Ive reinstalled the game (from steam ive delet local data)
Then i reinstalled
i launched l4d, went to Extra, and then i clicked on browse workshop.
So still from the in-game navigator, i've subscribed to a new skin, and miracle, it appeared on the Extra stuffs. I did 2-3 other skins from the in-game browser and then switched to chrome and added all the reast.

I figured out that when it load some stuffs, maps for exemple, all stuff disapear from the extra folder, and then u got to uncheck the skins u dont want use or the one in conflict.

If it does like, i waited till it finish the DL, and then restarted the game and all came back, sometime hd to relaunch 2-3 the game

Hope it will help

Regards
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 26, 2013 @ 2:09pm