Company of Heroes 2

Company of Heroes 2

The War continues with YOUR content.
Create and submit new mods and share them with the community. New to the tools? Find out more about them on our brand new Essence Engine wiki.
Daha Fazla Bilgi
 Bu başlık sabitlenmiş, muhtemelen önemli bir başlık
Company of Heroes 2 Steam Workshop Guidelines
We're working on a set of guidelines for content uploaded to our Steam Workshop. They'll be well written and cover a lot of stuff.

For now though please follow the following rules:

- No offensive language in titles, descriptions or anywhere else on your posting
- No offensive imagery (example: don't make swastikas out of rivers)
- Do not use other companies' intellectual property (example: don't recreate a Starcraft map)
- Don't break the law (I'm not sure how you could break the law by making a map, but if you figure out a way to do that then please don't).
- Don't export our in-game maps or Theater of War content and then post those. Create your own maps.
- Do not claim others work as your own.

We'd really like to not have to remove any maps from the Steam Workshop, or revoke anyone's ability to post content. So these are a few easy guidelines to follow until we have something more comprehensive.

The final wording will most likely be the same sort of thing, just in fancy big city lawyer talk.

Thanks!
En son noun tarafından düzenlendi; 24 Eyl 2014 @ 11:41
< >
71 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
If you have any questions about what may or may not be allowed, ask here.
Updated with new rule: "Don't export our in-game maps or Theater of War content and then post those. Create your own maps."
Whats Relic's point of view on multiplayer conversion of single player scenarios?

I've seen people post other people's work in the workshop.
En son -=P.S=-♠The Iron Medic♠ tarafından düzenlendi; 10 Ara 2013 @ 20:01
If we can't make maps from other games, then can we re-create those maps "in spirit" (similar shape, layout, theme, etc)?
Can I make some maps from DoW 2 for CoH2? Also, will it ever be possible to make own skins for infantry, or will you ever sell skins for infantry? I realy dont like german gren uniform
There seems to be a bug where maps i downloaded from people before the workshop came are actually postable by me in the ingame options. There should be some sort of system where only the authors can post their maps.:medkit:
Pretty fair rules, I'd think - you should maybe add another along the lines of "don't post other peoples maps unless with written consent/permission by the map author". I fully agree with Bullet Cake on this. The Scheldt among others seems to exist in several versions, and peace be with that, but each also seems to have been posted numerous times, and that is really a problem.

Tactical Locust > As stated in the rules, no. Relic could easily run into legal problems over such, and we want'em tweaking out bugs and releasing contents, not spend time in meetings and courtrooms over what their users post on Steam. So, keep names similar to other games' maps out and call'em something else, and at the maximum mention in the comments that the map is slightly inspired by the general idea of a map in another game, but that all work is made from scratch and your own idea of a great COH2 map. Which will ofcourse be the truth, if the map is to be posted online.

IMHO I simply think the Workshop makes it a bit too easy to (re-)post maps; I've had quite a time cleaning out downloaded maps - mainly to have always-up-to-date maps instead of static ones, but also to make sure I don't accidentally hit some button doing something I shouldn't have done.

Apart from that, the new system is the most awesome integration in COH2 yet. No more downloading semisuspicious zipfiles from all over the net. Subscribe to your favourite maps, have your team players / friends do the same, go. Not a praise that I usually bestow, but I LOVE IT. Thank you!

Now it just needs some kind of limit on who can post the maps, so we don't see a world of trouble in maps with the same name and different versions... And/or a bunch of pointers to like a "coh2.org community recommended maps" collections (how about "Relic recommended custom maps NOT by Relic" :P) or somesuch, so you can have 'mappacks' with a few recommended high quality maps (say, min 2 and max 5 in each). Or some other brilliant map pack scheme, so all you'd need to do was maintain a few subscribed collections, instead of hundreds of maps (100+ so far) in all states of development, from not-even-started by n00b to complete by World Builder pro.
Addition to the rules:

- Do not claim others work as your own.
estais todos muy muy equivocados con el :yay: xddd
enable mods, give people the freedom.
"don't recreate a Starcraft map" Lol I smell a hint of envy...
< >
71 yorumdan 1 ile 15 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50