The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
POWER Serg Dec 10, 2013 @ 2:34pm
Adding Quests and New Places
So a co-worker told me not to install any mods that add quests to my game, because Skyrim only allows you to play an "X" ammount of quests... meaning, once I hit that "Questing Cap", I won't be able to do any more quests, is this true?

Also, will adding a location through mods (New house, new castle, new city, new dungeon, ect...) affect my current gameplay? I don't want to corrupt my files by accident, I simply ask just to be sure before I hop on them.

Thank you.
Last edited by POWER Serg; Dec 10, 2013 @ 2:35pm
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Adura 1 Dec 10, 2013 @ 4:23pm 
There is no questing limit, far as I can tell. At least, i never hit a limit after 500 hours of gameplay.

Adding a location might be dangerous, depending how how well the mod is made. If made properly, it poses no problems. If made improperly, it can make your game nearly unplayable. (I had a mod that added a market area outside Whiterun that caused CTDs every 5 minutes, even though I had yet to reach Whiterun XD.. But my 12 other 'new location' mods haven't caused any problems ^^)

TL;DR: It depends on the mod.
cloud2sephiroth12 Dec 10, 2013 @ 4:31pm 
Ticklefeather makes some good/safe home mods.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 10, 2013 @ 2:34pm