The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
Spanky McAwesome Dec 8, 2013 @ 11:55pm
Must have mods?
I've been playing Skyrim since it came out, but only on the Xbox.
I finally got it for my new computer, and I want to make sure I've got the best mods. Graphic improvements, armor, weapons, sounds, whatever. I'd prefer to limit it to mods here in the Workshop, because I don't really feel like messing around with nexusmods, or whatever it's called.
I've got a few mods, like the SkyUI, the bandoliers and bags, I can smelt weapons back into ore, and play instruments. I've also got graphic mods for faces, water, and Wet and Cold. What else is there? What's worth it? What can't you play without?
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
[IG] General Sherman Dec 9, 2013 @ 10:05am 
I like item mods, stuff like new weapons and armor. Those are always fun, especially if you like smithing your own gear, as they can give you a lot of new stuff to try making.

There are also quite a few mods that actually add quests on the workshop as well. I have tried very few of them, but there are a couple that a very highly rated and add quite a few hours of play time.

One mod that I stronlgy recommend is the realistic lighting mod. It makes night time and dungeons MUCH darker, with the result that torches, lanterns (there is a wearable lanterns mod that is alos excellent), and magelight spells actually become useful utilities, and immersion is greatly enhanced.

P.S. I also use immortal followers so your mule . . I mean housecarl doesn't die on you at the drop of a hat.

There is alos a lot of great stuff if you play a mage character, look for the stuff that improves the scalability of spells, i.e.e the stuff that makes it so novice level speels don't become totally worthless late game. Destruction school in particular is helped a great deal by mods.
Last edited by [IG] General Sherman; Dec 9, 2013 @ 10:08am
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 8, 2013 @ 11:55pm