The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Die besten Mods für Ihr Spiel
Finden und installieren Sie Ihre Lieblingsmods nun auf ganz einfache Weise. Mod-Erstellern wurde es nun außerdem ermöglicht, Mods direkt bei Steam hochzuladen. Klicken Sie hier, um zu erfahren, wie dies funktioniert.
Water bug fix is a pain
I'm running Windows 8 and I am getting extremely frustrated trying to get this water bug fix to work. I've downloaded the Nexus Mod Manager and it complains to me that it can't write permissions. I have tried finding the Install Info folder it's telling me to move (is it supposed to be *in* the Program Files folder, or out?) and I can't find it ANYWHERE.

The more I try to fix this myself the more I'm just ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ around with my computer, something I'm awfully uncomfortable with doing in the first place due to any potential unforeseen consequences, and also I'm not very good at this. I'm getting impatient and I'm tempted to just play the game without water features. Of course this locks out an area of the game to me, something I get thoroughly annoyed with.

Why hasn't Bethesda fixed this?? This is giving me a headache and making me groan.
< >
Beiträge 12 von 2
Bethesda has nothing to do with Nexus. Windows 8 is new, and not everyting is set up to work with it yet. Did NMM ever load to your computer? I had to enable it as administrator in order for it to load, but once it did it worked fine.
What water bug are you talking about?
It took me about half a day to get around it and I got NMM to work. Once it started working, everything went smoothly. I think I posted this too soon, venting my frustration after two hours of hitting blocks in the road. Funnily enough, it was a set of YouTube tutorials that saved the day.

The water bug in question occurs when you have the Dawnguard expansion installed. When you dive underwater, the screen is covered with a single color, usually just green or black, depending on what environment you're in. This is apparently universal, regardless of what OS you're using.

I'm just saddened to learn that Bethesda has walked away from fixing these issues and we have to turn to third party support. My initial caution and fear of the mod community has since subsided, as I've now learned that it is made up of very capable programmers, many of whom used to design games for large companies as well.
< >
Beiträge 12 von 2
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 6. Dez. 2013 um 17:03