Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Cookieninja Dec 6, 2013 @ 5:24am
MMO space sim work togther
we need more games that emerse people but are for more than just one person to a ship
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Cookieninja Dec 6, 2013 @ 5:36am 
this is about i consept i had im going to use Star Trek for my example with most mmos u controll one person and u choose what to do that is the great freedom of mmos but i wonder if it would work if people were all controlling one person say a Ship i relised this idea from guns of icrus with u all working togther but i want some thing more competive then i saw the startrek mmo and i thorgt if we could combine them its a ruff idea but 5-10 people per ship all working to fight the oposing faction or do somthing some ruff things i want to put down are like one person as capten controlling the ship a gunner some science officers and enginerrs i think that it would be a good idea and insted of buttons like in normal mmos mabye consoles that u have to work and when the ship gets damaged the engineers have to go and type diffrent commands into diffrent consoles to fix or tempraily repair the ship science officers would have to use there skills to look at weakpoints on other ships vercing the other science officers to see who can win a war first also mabye a fps element of it with bording and rollplaying another point tho it would be far feched and a group of peopel would be like 40 to 50 people in massive wars fighting with 5 and 50 ships this would mean that u could have fighters smaller ships and your massive flag ships that are doing the most damage costom space stations so guilds that are massive making a space station there home up grading it so that repairing your ship is easyer after battles u have to repair your ships so it mite take a while i know that it would be hard to make work and would take parts of (eve online, startrek online, guns of icrus, and diffrent space
make some ideas and im also up for constructive critsem)

sorry about the bad spelling :P
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 6, 2013 @ 5:41am 
I've seen 2 or 3 games like this in greenlight. Forgot their names. I think one of them might even have been greenlit.
Not sure if they are MMOs though. THink they are just coop against AI.
Tamerlane Dec 6, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
Just look forward to Star Citizen, it will be awesome.
Cookieninja Dec 7, 2013 @ 12:31am 
true
AusSkiller Dec 7, 2013 @ 4:52am 
There's this which is a bit like what you want: http://store.steampowered.com/app/247350/

I'm not sure how well a full MMO game as you describe would work, I suspect there would be far too many captain wannabes compared to people willing to fill out the other roles, and as with any co-operative game griefing will be a big issue. There are ways to address such issues like having crappy AI take over if no real player is available and at the end of a mission the captain can rate the crew and the crew the captain so when you are looking for a crew/captain you can see if they are OK to play with. However I'm not convinced it would fun to play certain roles, in particular outside of battle certain roles could be very boring, and if they aren't fun to play then it'll probably only hurt the game having them playable because you would need to make the AI fundamentally worse than almost all players (otherwise you'll hate the players for being worse than the AI).
Cookieninja Dec 10, 2013 @ 4:09am 
yea i guess that looked cool and i understand what ur saying about roles being boring that makes sence like out of combat gunners would be erelvent and the ai thing is true to it was just a dream i guess :D
CuauhXicalli Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
Geme - Rust ,
V10th Dec 14, 2013 @ 12:51pm 
rust is amazing
What is rust about? I've heard about it but i can't put my finger on it. is it any good? Anyone tried?
machinemaster Dec 15, 2013 @ 1:05pm 
tried rust, was actually pretty good.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 6, 2013 @ 5:24am