Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
wowbubba1234 Nov 19, 2013 @ 6:50pm
Benifits
I know that the one benifit sbout GreenLight is voteing for games to come out on steam, but are their any other benifits about GreenLight?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
wilco64256 Nov 19, 2013 @ 6:57pm 
What other benefits does it need? You get to actively participate in helping to select titles that you believe are a good fit for this platform, you probably find new stuff to buy/play/enjoy that you might not have found any other way, you get involved in this whole big community of developers and voters. What else would you want to get out of the process?
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 20, 2013 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by wilco64256:
You get to actively participate in helping to select titles that you would want to buy on this platform,
There fixed it. :D
Sera Nov 20, 2013 @ 8:16am 
I prefer Wilco's version. Not like everyone buys the games they vote for, anyway.
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 20, 2013 @ 8:25am 
Originally posted by Sera:
I prefer Wilco's version. Not like everyone buys the games they vote for, anyway.
No (which is ok as long as they wanted to buy the game at the point when they answered the question), but the greenlight question IS "would you buy this game", not "is this game suited for steam". The point of greenlight is to vote yes for the games you would want to buy.

If you don't the data you send to Valve is useless and corrupting the system because you don't understand what Valve is asking you for.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Nov 20, 2013 @ 8:25am
Sera Nov 20, 2013 @ 9:26am 
Well, honestly. I voted for games I wanted to buy myself. So I'm fine on my side. The released ones so far are either bought or on my wishlist. Unless I missed them...

But yeah, I meant I prefer his post from the way it sounds. Doesn't mean I entirely agree with it.
wilco64256 Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:14am 
Also, I deliberately chose my phrasing as not every game in Greenlight is going to have a price tag, some of them would be free. I can see your point though, and I do agree that people should technically only vote for projects that they would either "buy" if it's going to be for sale, or at least download and play if it's a free game.
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:53am 
I think people should still vote for "free" games as if they were asked if they would buy the game or not.
I fear that your phrasing will do more harm than good, by being misleading and reinforcing a preexisting misconception.
Sera Nov 20, 2013 @ 1:17pm 
I treat free games like any other ones myself. If I wouldn't buy(play) it, it's a no thanks for me.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 19, 2013 @ 6:50pm