Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
cferro123 Nov 12, 2013 @ 9:58pm
Monster Hunter Frontier!!! (Monster Hunter Frontier G)
Hello people of steam I was reading up this greenlight thing and I figured I can't be the only person on steam who would like to see Monster Hunter Frontier show up on steam. The MMORPG was hugely popular in japan and the franchise is pretty large world wide as well. If I can find out how to reach out to Capcom and see about getting this game on the greenlight list.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Nov 12, 2013 @ 11:21pm 
You were reading up on it, but didn't get as far as reading how it works, or seeing where the right forum for this pointless thread would be?
Last edited by C0untzer0; Nov 13, 2013 @ 5:35am
Skoardy Nov 13, 2013 @ 4:39am 
Originally posted by cferro123:
If I can find out how to reach out to Capcom and see about getting this game on the greenlight list.
Capcom wouldn't need to go through Greenlight so really, this has nothing to do with this forum (or even the correct Requests forum).
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 13, 2013 @ 5:49am 
Capcom might still want to go through greenlight with games they are unsure of. It would be an interesting way to test the waters. see if anyone really is interested.
C0untzer0 Nov 13, 2013 @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Capcom might still want to go through greenlight with games they are unsure of. It would be an interesting way to test the waters. see if anyone really is interested.
To enter it would weaken their percieved position in the market, and also attract a lot of complaints from other devs who now havew to compete against a giant like that. It's a way for everybody to lose, particularly as with an MMO you run a very real risk of getting a slot but not enough interest to justify the cost of keeping the servers open.
Skoardy Nov 13, 2013 @ 6:55am 
I think acknowledging you're unsure you've a strong product would be an incredibly bad move for Capcom.
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 13, 2013 @ 8:18am 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
I think acknowledging you're unsure you've a strong product would be an incredibly bad move for Capcom.
Despite my phrasing I saw it more as being unsure about the western market accepting their strong product...
I mean if they werent unsure about the market wouldn't they have launched it already?

Originally posted by C0untzer0:
To enter it would weaken their percieved position in the market, and also attract a lot of complaints from other devs who now havew to compete against a giant like that. It's a way for everybody to lose, particularly as with an MMO you run a very real risk of getting a slot but not enough interest to justify the cost of keeping the servers open.
Good points.
Skoardy Nov 13, 2013 @ 9:58am 
I mean if they werent unsure about the market wouldn't they have launched it already?
No, what I'm saying is that if they showed people they were unsure of their product (since obviously no-one can be sure of guaranteed success), it would be harmful to that product's image and chances. It'd simply be a bad move to open yourself up to that kind of speculation.
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 13, 2013 @ 10:56am 
No, what I'm saying is that if they showed people they were unsure of their product (since obviously no-one can be sure of guaranteed success), it would be harmful to that product's image and chances. It'd simply be a bad move to open yourself up to that kind of speculation.
If people are intelligent enough to spot the submission to greenlight as being insecure about if the game will sell I'm fairly certain they are intelligent enough to spot that the concern is about the market and not the game.
I find your concern to be rather odd and fairly implausable. I can see what you mean but I just can't agree with it. There might be some axiom im missing or something but I think the points C0untzer0 made are more important for consideration than some unreliable (and in my opinion improbable) reaction from the potential market.
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Nov 13, 2013 @ 10:57am
Skoardy Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:07am 
I'm surprised with your disbelief given you yourself have often commented on the perception some people have that Greenlight is shorthand for sub-standard. Can you really not imagine that those people would look upon a major publisher 'testing the waters' with one of their titles in Greenlight as acknowledgement that not even they actually believe in it.

I admit that the dipsticks who think that way are clueless fools but I can't argue that they don't exist. Heck, we had a forum tourist here who was pretty much spouting a more extreme version of that rubbish the entire time they were here.
C0untzer0 Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:38am 
I admit that the dipsticks who think that way are clueless fools but I can't argue that they don't exist.
In game theory there's a situation known as the "Beauty Contest Gamble" where you basically have to guess what the best bet is in a group of subjective decisions. The judges of a beauty contest have no scale of absolute values, they work on what they feel is most appealing to most people. You however find yourself second guessing a group of judges who are second guessing the world. There's a lesson about marketing and perceptions in that.
Skoardy Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:42am 
There's a lesson about marketing and perceptions in that.
Which is?
Gorlom[Swe] Nov 13, 2013 @ 11:50am 
I'm surprised with your disbelief given you yourself have often commented on the perception some people have that Greenlight is shorthand for sub-standard. Can you really not imagine that those people would look upon a major publisher 'testing the waters' with one of their titles in Greenlight as acknowledgement that not even they actually believe in it.
I belive that would potentially be able to change their tune rather then enforce their views. After all those people are blinded by AAA studio names. (and I think those are different people than the ones that are smart enough to spot the uncertainty but not smart enough to understand markets... which I don't think exists, that would require some sort of selective stupidity that only trolls have ever shown signs of)
Besides I hardly think that these people are anything but a minority that will not affect the games sales in any which way.

I admit that the dipsticks who think that way are clueless fools but I can't argue that they don't exist. Heck, we had a forum tourist here who was pretty much spouting a more extreme version of that rubbish the entire time they were here.
Hehe, what is a forum tourist? Someone that got banned?
C0untzer0 Nov 13, 2013 @ 12:57pm 
There's a lesson about marketing and perceptions in that.
Which is?
Meta-modal image management. Avoiding not only signs of weakness, but signs thst you see a potential sign of weakness, as you pointed out originally.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 12, 2013 @ 9:58pm