Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
[81st] CommanderChaz Jan 15 @ 12:36pm
My Possible Game Concept - Would You Play It?
I've got an idea for a game where you are on a castaway island after being shipwrecked, and I was wondering if people would want to try it. Ask me for more details
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Gorlom[Swe] Jan 15 @ 1:16pm 
... thats pretty nondescript. What kind of game is it? Third Person Shooter? 2D point and click adventure game? Castaway racing around the unhabitated island? Lost simulator? Isometric fantasy RPG? Coconut armoured crab RTS?
[81st] CommanderChaz Jan 15 @ 1:31pm 
its gonna be very story based first person and it will have some shooting, but ammo will be scarce until you can craft it and there will be animals and an element of survival
C0untzer0 Jan 15 @ 1:47pm 
So pretty much the same as a hundred other concepts that people actually bothered posting?
Gorlom[Swe] Jan 15 @ 2:11pm 
Yeah, I'm not really seeing anything here that stands out.
NimNam7 Jan 15 @ 2:31pm 
I think it may be a good game tbh :)
Gorlom[Swe] Jan 15 @ 2:41pm 
Originally posted by NimNim:
Really? because it looks like you came here for the pillar of the community badge and just posted for epen bragging rights...
evolution.400 Jan 15 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by NimNim:
Really? because it looks like you came here for the pillar of the community badge and just posted for epen bragging rights...

I really hate some of those badges, I was a member during the time they came out, and it didn't make me want to post anything. It wasn't until lurking that I decided to start posting recently. My point is, that having them doesn't really encorage you to take part, your more or less forced to do so. Though... I think I've gotten way off topic here.

Topic at hand: Have you played Wayward yet, maybe try out Farscape? And can you add more detail to your idea, otherwise it's really a rough scetch that I'm trying to figure out.
Qon Jan 15 @ 4:19pm 
I have an opinion about your game idea and I'm wondering if people are interested in it. Ask me for more details
Last edited by Qon; Jan 15 @ 4:19pm
Skoardy Jan 15 @ 5:54pm 
It does seem like there's a handful of these types of games posted in Concepts daily. Someone gets hold of Unity, throws some generic assets down on terrain that looks like it was produced by some graph modelling software and decides they've made a crafting/survival game (zombies optional). More power to them if they manage to get their acts together and bring something new to the table but I really won't be holding my breath.
QuitStalin Jan 15 @ 10:08pm 
This is not the first time a game has started like this, but it has the potential to be good.
Narbovski Jan 15 @ 10:49pm 
Come back with more info. This isn't enough to give an opinion.
C0untzer0 Jan 16 @ 8:36am 
Originally posted by The Wedge:
No Mary Ann, no Ginger, no deal.
Think the crowd's a bit young for that one. Unless there was a disastrous reboot with whoever survived having a cameo?
Dknighter Jan 16 @ 3:25pm 
Go for it! I'm currently making one that is on the concepts page called Ashore.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 15 @ 12:36pm