The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Find the best mods for your game
Finding and installing your favorite mods is easier than ever before. Mod-makers also enjoy a streamlined process for uploading mods directly to Steam. Click here to learn how.
myndi84 Jan 11 @ 1:27am
no power attacks with 360 controller on pc
I've got a little problem. When I'm playing Skyrim on my PC with an XBox Controller, the Power Attacks wont work propperly.
Especially with the Dagger. I'm holding the right trigger and my character performs a normal attack right before performing a power attack. When I'm playing with mouse and Keyboard, the power attacks work just fine. I also tried different controllers.
I couldn't find solutions online, so maby here somone has an idea.

thanks
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
pearson515 Mar 13 @ 5:54pm 
Hi, how did you get the 360 controller to work on pc as mine dont wna. thanks
myndi84 Mar 29 @ 10:58am 
Hi - i just plugged it in. Windows 7 doesn't require drivers.
minoravatar 5 Mar 29 @ 2:19pm 
No matter what version of windows you have you do need to DL the Xbox 360 controller for Windows software. Here is a set up guide, once you do that you should never have any problems with any game that has controller support.

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-other-devices/windows/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
ljonesj Mar 29 @ 2:40pm 
thats for the wireless controller i ahve the wired and it works perfectly fine
Zefram Cochrane Mar 29 @ 7:29pm 
Originally posted by myndi84:
Hi - i just plugged it in. Windows 7 doesn't require drivers.

it requires them, its just that Windows detects the device (its made by/for Microsoft) and installs them automatically...
Last edited by Zefram Cochrane; Mar 29 @ 7:29pm
minoravatar 5 Mar 30 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by ljonesj:
thats for the wireless controller i ahve the wired and it works perfectly fine
I have the wired one also and if you click on the link I posted the entire first half of it is for wired controllers, and the second half is all for wireless ones. You will also see in the part for the wired controller that it also tells you everything you need to know about how to test it and has a link to a troubleshooting guide if it fails the test.

Windows did DL everything automatically for me, but sometimes it doesn't do that, my friend had to DL it all from that link and we both use the same version of Windows 7. His controller worked but had lag so he went to the PC install page. That is when he found out he was using a default USB controller driver and not the official Xbox one. He installed the program and hasn't had an issue since. One way to tell if you have the program or not is easy, if your quadrant light is lit up in only one quadrant (his was all four), and when you press the center button it should open the program when your on the desktop.

MS made the how to for a reason, since the OP is having problems he should test it out like how it tells him too.
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 11 @ 1:27am