Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Hooch Jan 5 @ 4:12pm
Why StarSonata 2 is Dead to me.
I have been a fan of StarSonata since August 2005. I have multiple in game accounts with fully leveled characters. But I must now part ways with this game, and here is why, and why you should not only avoid this game but ALL games that follow the same path. It is up to us the consumers to make our requirements known.

I work in the IT field, and pay close attention to news, so it should come as no suprise to anyone that the Summer of Snowden has hit the Tech Community very very hard in the guts. Both as a wake up and as a call to action.

I recently posted on the StarSonata suggestions forum, asking them to please implement some form of client server encryption, in light of the news from the past 7 months a request like this should come as no suprise to anyone. Google, Yahoo, and others have already begun tranisitioning to HTTPS by default as per the EFF recomendations, as well as the IETF. So it came as a great suprise to me to find out that less than 24 hours after my post, it was deleted. The title was, "The Cypherpunks were right, encrypt all packets". In this post I stated that I was tired of seeing information transmittied in the clear between my client and the server.

This choice is of cource completely up to the developer, they have every right to do this, just as I have every right to not use them, and find someone that follows the Free as in Freedom principle.

It is past time for us the consumers to make it known that we will not accept anything less than secure by default from ALL of our software providers.

Shame on Developers who do not implement SSL/TLS by default.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jan 5 @ 4:12pm 
Nothing to do with Greenlight...
Hooch Jan 5 @ 4:16pm 
This game is waiting to be green lit.
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jan 5 @ 4:18pm 
My mistake, still though. Games been here for a year without update, I think it's dead.
Hooch Jan 5 @ 4:19pm 
Its been alive and well since 2005, it dose not require Steam to be viable.
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jan 5 @ 4:20pm 
I understand that, but the fact that they have not touched their Greenlight page in nearly a year suggests that they have given up on the platform.
Hooch Jan 5 @ 4:22pm 
Well they havent.
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jan 5 @ 4:23pm 
How so? Generally when people don't touch things for an extended period of time, it appears as though they have.
Hooch Jan 5 @ 4:25pm 
why dont you go the actual game site and look at there forums
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Jan 5 @ 4:26pm 
Dead on Steam != dead project.
They have given up on their Greenlight, not on their project.
Qon Jan 5 @ 6:52pm 
What exaqtly do you want them to enqrypt? While I agree with the principle I would like some more in depth information on what you want them to enqrypt. Your qoordinates in game and every aqtion you take? Messages you send in the in game chat?
Isn't most of what is sent pretty much publiq data that extra enqryption won't really keep private?
Even if it is enqrypted it doesn't mean anything if the qompany behind the game gives away the information if asked for it by some evil agency. Do you trust them with your information?
Don't know what type of game it i but I guess an MMORPG?
Fox_Maks Jan 7 @ 4:52am 
lol
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 5 @ 4:12pm