Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
BlackRogue Dec 31, 2013 @ 5:29pm
Stargate CCG on Steam!?
One game I would love to see make a comeback is Stargate CCG. ORiginally by Sony. They canned it and used the server space for something else. If Steam could pick this up, this might be a good game for alot of people to start getting into.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Dec 31, 2013 @ 5:33pm 
If SONY scrapped the title ages ago it's unlikely that they will revive it.
CCG is a hard market to break into, especially with games such as Magic controlling the market to such an extent, it would be incredibly difficult for any other game to build a decent playerbase.
That said, there honestly isn't a huge market for virtual CCG, as most people who play them seriously simply purchase the physical cards, and those interested in the digital versions will pick up the one with the most players, most content, and cheapest pricetag(Magic)

It just doesn't make economical sense for Valve to contact Sony, Sony to dig out and modernize the game, upload it to Steam, and maybe sell a few thousand units. It's not worth the time or the server space - which is my guess to why Sony killed it in the past.
BlackRogue Dec 31, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
Good points Graeme, Bit then again Sony never stuck around for anything worthile in my opinion unless they sold a few million units of it. Sony only had a base of people connected to sony as Steam has a base of thousands of people across the board in the PC world. With that being said, there is a lrger base here and still growing in Steam as it becomes more popular. I would prefer for SOny to just release it and let Valve do the revamp on it, they actually might make a better product.
Graeme- Coarse Gentleman Dec 31, 2013 @ 5:55pm 
Sony doesn't stick around for much, that much is true- they are known for dropping projects dead.

However remember that Sony has a market of ~60M users through the Playstation Network, which is considerably more than Valve has through Steam.

I also believe it is unlikely that Valve would undertake such a task for such a small projected return.
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 31, 2013 @ 5:29pm