Portal 2

Community maps. For science.
Welcome to Aperture Laboratories, home of the Perpetual Testing Initiative. Easily create, share and play test chambers authored by and for the Portal 2 community. Do your part! Contribute to Science!
XOIIO 3 Dec 30, 2013 @ 1:22pm
Is there a mod or way for another program to tell what portal type (blue/orange) the gun is on in game? (read for more)
Hello everyone, I love to invent and modify things, and since I have a NECA portal gun replica I had a neat idea, since I plan on adding some stuff to it anyways.

I figured it would be cool to add an xbee or other wireless controller to it, and have a host script running on a PC so that based on the color the gun is in game, either orange or blue, the portal gun model in the real world would switch to that color.

I am just wondering if there is a way for another program to know what color the gun is in game, if there is perhaps some way using developer options, or some third party mod or something similar.

I look forward to your replies.

P.S. my planned mods are a DC power jack so that when it is on display it can be turned on all the time, and adding other magnets to the atlas and peabody strips and using reed switches so that based on what color strip is on the portal gun, it will know to change to the color scheme for either chell, peabody or atlas.
Date Posted: Dec 30, 2013 @ 1:22pm