Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
Sheriff Aiva Dec 17, 2013 @ 10:58am
Greenlight Concepts Moderators
While there is no doubt in my mind we have moderators patrolling Greenlight and they are doing a spectacular job, we could use a few more. Mainly in the area of Concepts which since it doesn't cost anything to make a concept on here it is constantly being abused. I would like to see some more work being done about the false submissions. I am not calling out the existing Greenlight moderators and i feel the are a little undervalued but also needed. That is all, Loyal Steam Community User, Aiva.
Last edited by Sheriff Aiva; Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:21am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:29am 
Almost, but not quite. What we really need is to have some kind of exam before people are allowed access to the Greenlight section. That would stop the spam in the fora (both the "badger sett" and people posting in the wrong forum for game advice etc), fake "Concepts", "Sympathy voters" and any number of other problems.
Last edited by C0untzer0; Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:30am
Sheriff Aiva Dec 17, 2013 @ 12:26pm 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:
Almost, but not quite. What we really need is to have some kind of exam before people are allowed access to the Greenlight section. That would stop the spam in the fora (both the "badger sett" and people posting in the wrong forum for game advice etc), fake "Concepts", "Sympathy voters" and any number of other problems.

I agree with you on that, but any precaution is a good precaution. Perhaps a blend would help, more focus put on making sure the wrong things don't get into Greenlight and more focus on removing the wrong things that do get in.
Skoardy Dec 17, 2013 @ 2:55pm 
It is somewhat ridiculous. What I take from all this is they're so insanely busy that they can't even spare one person for 15 minutes a day to trim off all the obvious rubbish that has appeared since the day before. Either that or the backend for removing triple-A, existing, currently-being-sold-on-the-store 'concepts' (and the 20,000th Minecraft submission) is so complex, it's just beyond most human's comprehension.
Sheriff Aiva Dec 17, 2013 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
It is somewhat ridiculous. What I take from all this is they're so insanely busy that they can't even spare one person for 15 minutes a day to trim off all the obvious rubbish that has appeared since the day before. Either that or the backend for removing triple-A, existing, currently-being-sold-on-the-store 'concepts' (and the 20,000th Minecraft submission) is so complex, it's just beyond most human's comprehension.
Skoardy, i know for a fact that you personally handle most of this rubbish as well as i. Furthermore what excuse is there for these people to take the time to submit Concepts that are either violating copyrights, outright self-advertisements, and jokes?
Last edited by Sheriff Aiva; Dec 18, 2013 @ 2:11pm
Philly Dec 17, 2013 @ 5:27pm 
Yess
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 17, 2013 @ 10:58am