Steam Greenlight

Help pick new games for Steam

Browse through the entries here and rate up the games you want to see made available via Steam

Submit your product
AventureOfDislaik Dec 14, 2013 @ 1:51pm
My Game in Unity3D
¿Bueno me gustaría saber si es Posible colocar mi juego en greenlight sin tener el Unity3D PRO?

Translate Google
Well what I would like to know if it is possible to put my game without the greenlight Unity3D PRO?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
C0untzer0 Dec 14, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
What I would like to know is why you didn't read the EULA, or ask people who work for Unity?
wilco64256 Dec 14, 2013 @ 3:22pm 
If you can't understand what you are and are not allowed to do with the free version of Unity, then getting into contract-based agreements on Steam probably isn't a good idea.
+º-Zehcliv Dec 17, 2013 @ 8:27pm 
Si puedes.
AventureOfDislaik Dec 17, 2013 @ 8:34pm 
Originally posted by SpliTTeR:
Si puedes.
Gracias... <3
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 17, 2013 @ 10:02pm 
That issue would be with Unity rather than with Greenlight. You really should look it up with Unity.

Unity FAQ:

Making and selling games with Unity

Can we use the code/art/assets in Unity Technologies' example projects?
Yes, all assets in our tutorial and example projects may be used in both commercial and non-commercial use in Unity-based projects. The assets themselves may not be resold, however. Note that these assets are widely known in the games industry, so if you do use them in your titles it may be obvious that you re-used Unity assets.

Can we sell games and make money with the free version of Unity?
Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share. However, the free version of Unity may not be licensed by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000, or by an educational, non-profit or government entity with an annual budget of over US$100,000.

Please also be aware that the feature set of the free version is not intended for the production of professional games and interactive content. Lastly, games made with our Pro trial licenses may not be distributed nor used for commercial purposes.
AventureOfDislaik Dec 17, 2013 @ 10:10pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
That issue would be with Unity rather than with Greenlight. You really should look it up with Unity.

Unity FAQ:

Making and selling games with Unity

Can we use the code/art/assets in Unity Technologies' example projects?
Yes, all assets in our tutorial and example projects may be used in both commercial and non-commercial use in Unity-based projects. The assets themselves may not be resold, however. Note that these assets are widely known in the games industry, so if you do use them in your titles it may be obvious that you re-used Unity assets.

Can we sell games and make money with the free version of Unity?
Yes you can create and sell a game with the free version of Unity, without paying royalties or any revenue share. However, the free version of Unity may not be licensed by a commercial entity with annual gross revenues (based on fiscal year) in excess of US$100,000, or by an educational, non-profit or government entity with an annual budget of over US$100,000.

Please also be aware that the feature set of the free version is not intended for the production of professional games and interactive content. Lastly, games made with our Pro trial licenses may not be distributed nor used for commercial purposes.

I just wanted to know if I could or not? :|
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:03pm 
It depends on how much money you make.

Valve/Steam is alright with it as long as you do not break any of Unitys policieas or legal agreements you have made with them under the free license (or whichever license you have).

(If you have to ask you probably shouldn't just incase)
Last edited by Gorlom[Swe]; Dec 17, 2013 @ 11:08pm
Jekyll & Hyde Dec 19, 2013 @ 2:49pm 
De poder puedes, pero creo que tienes que pagar la licencia de Unity, tendrias que comunicarte con ellos para que te asesoren.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 14, 2013 @ 1:51pm