Steam Greenlight
NormireX Dec 14, 2014 @ 9:54am
Greenlight Not Working.......
So I have an issue where Greenlight is not loading any games to my voting queue. I have almost all categories checked but not a single new game is loading.

I have been having to go to Recent games list to vote on newly added games.

Anyone have a clue how to get it working again so when I click Generate New Queue it will actually add games?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 14, 2014 @ 10:15am 
uncheck everything and it will work again.
NormireX Dec 14, 2014 @ 11:01am 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
uncheck everything and it will work again.
Nope, tried that the other day and it did not work.
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 14, 2014 @ 11:05am 
really? weird. I tried checking everything and got the message that there were no more items. When I unchecked it it worked again.

Are you using the Steam client or an internet browser to browse Greenlight?
NormireX Dec 14, 2014 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
really? weird. I tried checking everything and got the message that there were no more items. When I unchecked it it worked again.

Are you using the Steam client or an internet browser to browse Greenlight?
Steam client
daftsquare Dec 16, 2014 @ 11:35am 
Same problem for me, it's been happening for about a month now.
Psycho Dec 16, 2014 @ 1:23pm 
I have just come back to Greenlight after a break, and I get this too. No matter what I do to the filter buttons, I get "You have rated all items that fall into your search critera. (sic)" or "Your personalized queue of items to rate is empty." but I can clearly see new entries I have not rated in Most Recent.

I've been simply middle-clicking those and voting directly (it's actually slightly faster than using the queue anyway) but it is rather irritating.

It looks like some kind of HTTP POST issue with exclusionary tags. When I try to edit my filters I see this snapshot[i.imgur.com] and there is a bunch of POST requests in the URL, e.g.:
&browsesort=torate&section=items&requiredtags%5B%5D=action&requiredtags%5B%5D=RPG&requiredtags%5B%5D=PC&requiredtags%5B%5D=action&requiredtags%5B%5D=RPG&requiredtags%5B%5D=Shooter
I cannot remove any of these tags, either by the close tag icon, or by ticking off in filters. If I delete all the POST requests from the URL manually (/browse/?appid=765&browsesort=torate&section=items), I get all filters turned off and no queue is returned.

Browser is Chrome latest with adblock plus and flashblock (the same setup I have been using successfully with Greenlight since it started)
NormireX Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:07am 
Tried removing checks next to all boxes again and this time it did load more games, but I'm not sure how long it till keep working.
C0untzer0 Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:25am 
Originally posted by Sgt.Psycho:

Browser is Chrome latest with adblock plus and flashblock (the same setup I have been using successfully with Greenlight since it started)
Clearly you've tried all the obvious browser side stuff, but just out of curiosity are you in any of the Steam Betas, perhaps there's an update which has caused problems with stuff and/or things?

Originally posted by NormireX:
Steam client
And the same question for you
Psycho Dec 17, 2014 @ 12:45am 
Originally posted by C0untzer0:

Clearly you've tried all the obvious browser side stuff, but just out of curiosity are you in any of the Steam Betas, perhaps there's an update which has caused problems with stuff and/or things?

I am a beta participant, but seeing as this is not through the Steam client, and it is not even turned on, I don't see how it relates. Seeing as the Steam browser still can't open tabs (remember that thread form >1 year ago?) rating Greenlight sucks a lot in the client so I never use it with Greenlight.

As with daftsquare, if it is an introduced bug, it was done a long time ago, as in months.

/later....

Just for masochism (yay for setting up IE and configuring Steam to access new devices)

Internet Explorer 11: Works!

Firefox 31.3 (Tor 4.0): Works!

Riiighto then!@ So it seems as though Chrome (or perhaps one of it's extensions broked)

... off to do more research...

NormireX Dec 17, 2014 @ 1:01am 

Originally posted by NormireX:
Steam client
And the same question for you

It wasn't working before I opted in for Steam Beta, so I know that isn't the issue.
C0untzer0 Dec 17, 2014 @ 1:08am 
I am a beta participant, but seeing as this is not through the Steam client, and it is not even turned on, I don't see how it relates.
Sheer curiosity, old chap. I am a hoarder of data, often it is totally irrelevant, but sometimes something slips through the statistical seive...
Psycho Dec 17, 2014 @ 2:17am 
I am a beta participant, but seeing as this is not through the Steam client, and it is not even turned on, I don't see how it relates.
Sheer curiosity, old chap. I am a hoarder of data, often it is totally irrelevant, but sometimes something slips through the statistical seive...

SUCCESS!
Thanks for nudging my lazy behind into action C0untzer0, rather than simply leaning back in my command chair and whining at Greenlight while stuffing my face with Cheetos.

After testing other browsers, I realised that there was indeed something wrong with my system. Inconceivable! /Princess Bride

I disabled each extension one at a time, doing full refreshes on that page each time, Nada. Try Incognito. it works? WTF!

After fooling around with the dev/tracking tools and getting nowhere fast I read what Incognito mode actually does.[www.google.com] Basically, asides from disabling extensions (which I had enabled in Incognito anyways, and tested) the only real difference is not storing history and not keeping or using cookies.

ORLY? (insert owl pic)

One quick trip to the local cookie store and looky looky, some suss-looking tags[i.imgur.com]. I kill those with extreme prejudice (actually I zapped all of steamcommunity <Something something Cpl Hicks about being sure>

One revisit to steamcommunity.com/greenlight/, a Steamguard permission grant later and my Greenlight queue is now working beautifully!
Last edited by Psycho; Dec 17, 2014 @ 2:40am
tstki Dec 20, 2014 @ 2:06am 
same issue here, greenlight cant find any games at al anymore.
etthan Dec 20, 2014 @ 3:34am 
greenlit not working, votes on workshop too, and guides as well -_-
Gorlom[Swe] Dec 20, 2014 @ 4:26am 
Originally posted by tstki:
same issue here, greenlight cant find any games at al anymore.
That is not the same issue, you're in the wrong thread. please read the OP properly before responding to it.

Originally posted by SlarkDar:
greenlit not working, votes on workshop too, and guides as well -_-
different issue. OP only has problems with the que
< >
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 14, 2014 @ 9:54am