Age of Empires II (2013)

Age of Empires II (2013)

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
vinestone Apr 12, 2015 @ 1:01pm
AOE 2 HD: Scenario Spawing Questions!
I have a few questions regarding Scenario creation in Age of Empires 2 HD

1. I've created a map in scenario creator and I have not put down any player units so that players spawn at random locations. The map is set for 6 players in a 3v3 format. The problem is that often opposing players will spawn right next to each other or 1 player will spawn far away from the rest of his team. Is there any way to designate generally where players should spawn on the map without placing down definitive starting points? Like can I paint a general area for a player to spawn or have it so that team 1 spawns on one side of the map whereas team 2 spawns on the other side? I want to have it so that teams spawn generally close to one another and far away from the enemy team while keeping spawns random so that they shift around every time we play.

2. When I have players randomly spawn they start with a town center and 3 villagers, but there is no scout. Any way to make sure that a scout spawns too while keeping spawn locations random?

3. How do I make it under diplomacy so that players can set teams in the start game menu in any combination they want? I don't want it set in stone what the teams will be and I want players to be able to pick any color and change their 'team column' and have it work on the map without me having to preset it and force them to put their 'team column' to - .

Thanks! Appreciate any help that I can get!
Date Posted: Apr 12, 2015 @ 1:01pm