Steam Greenlight
Floymin Apr 3, 2015 @ 12:35am
Different retro game style?
I see indie developers favoring JRPG type games - from standard graphical games to classic NES/SNES-style overhead play. One style that is being overlooked is the 90s arcade style. Remember games that used large-player sprites, like Superman Arcade, 2 Crude Dudes, Stryder, and TMNT 1990?
So... let's not just recreate the 90s Nintendo. Let's recreate the 90s arcade!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Skoardy Apr 3, 2015 @ 1:11am 
Probably more a case of you not looking hard enough as devs are churning out plenty of 90s style arcade games on Greenlight. It's not overlooked at all, unfortunately.
Really? I see a few of them too many.
Floymin Apr 3, 2015 @ 5:37pm 
I have looked through every Greenlight category and do NOT see a single LARGE SPRITE side-scroller. Please to enlighten me,
Jormund Apr 7, 2015 @ 8:13am 
I would like to see some of the classics being put on Steam. We do have some, but I'd like to see more, especially NES titles.
dsfdsfdsf Apr 7, 2015 @ 9:22am 
Ребят збс все
Gorlom[Swe] Apr 7, 2015 @ 9:27am 
Originally posted by Ernest Wolf:
I would like to see some of the classics being put on Steam. We do have some, but I'd like to see more, especially NES titles.
contact the companies that own the titles you want to see on Steam and ask/pay them to port the games.
Floymin Apr 7, 2015 @ 3:42pm 
It has been nearly 4 days and not a single example has been given of a LARGE SPRITE side-scroller that is, or has been, on Greenlight.
Floymin Apr 7, 2015 @ 3:47pm 
Originally posted by Ernest Wolf:
I think there are plenty of 3/4 view Zelda-style and Fallout-style Indie games to keep you busy.
Skoardy Apr 7, 2015 @ 5:14pm 
Originally posted by Floymin:
It has been nearly 4 days and not a single example has been given of a LARGE SPRITE side-scroller that is, or has been, on Greenlight.
It's weird that, isn't it? It's almost like people can't be bothered to do the hunting around for you that you can't be bothered to do for yourself.
Son Gorash Apr 7, 2015 @ 6:17pm 
Bring Valkyrie Profile and Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night, no more!
Floymin Apr 7, 2015 @ 10:34pm 
Originally posted by Skoardy:
Originally posted by Floymin:
It's weird that, isn't it? It's almost like people can't be bothered to do the hunting around for you that you can't be bothered to do for yourself.
And YOU can't be bothered to read a post that you haven't written yourself!
I say again...
I have looked through ALL categories in Greenlight, and saw NOTHING that resembles what I am looking for! Do you need some clarification?

What I want: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPp1k1vX8f4
What I see: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=146770056
and
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=93055432
Skoardy Apr 8, 2015 @ 11:03am 
Oh man, you're totally right.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 3, 2015 @ 12:35am