Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
Everything. [fug-III] May 11 @ 11:53am
Custom AI
Surely there are some AI scripts capable with the forgotten? Preferably scenarios, I mean random maps are fine but are there any that work with castle blood scenarios?

Good ones, anyway. Do AI that work for The Conquerors work here?
Last edited by Everything. [fug-III]; May 11 @ 11:54am
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Loggy C 1 May 11 @ 2:41pm 
Anything that works with the Conquerors, assuming it doesn't use conventional UserPatch (a rather small subset of UserPatch additions currently work in HD), should be sort of fine for the most part. Possible exceptions could be:

1) It goes without saying that they probably won't be able to play the new civs very well.
2) Meso civs. They will likely be unable to research eagle warriors.
3) Britons with elaborate yeomen strategies, as it got moved to castle. Oh, and they got heavy scorps too in AoF, older scripts might not make use of that.
4) They won't know about new unique research.
5) Other small changes with escape me for the time being.

I've never played castle blood but got annoyed enough with the default AI's general puniness and its inability to use over 200 pop cap that I started to write my own for use in random maps. It's still unfinished but it quite happily makes the default look somewhat pathetic.
Last edited by Loggy C; May 11 @ 2:42pm
Zasso May 14 @ 8:43pm 
there's supposed to be an AI patch soon which brings the new AI's from the FE to AoF
looks like its been delayed again though....sigh
LokiZ May 25 @ 9:40am 
nadie habla español? :c
Zasso May 29 @ 6:31am 
the BruteForce AI that got put up on the workshop recently is quite decent
and a version 2.0 of it is in the making as well
regarding my earlier post
Age of Empires II: Forgotten Empires was a community released expansion pack for the original Age of Empires 2 with the community patch
Age of Empires 2 HD The Forgotten is the steam expansion after microsoft brought the creators of the community expansion on board
Last edited by Zasso; May 29 @ 6:33am
albertoikariam Jun 22 @ 9:29pm 
yo mismo jejej
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50