dunraven May 10, 2014 @ 7:05am
Football Highlights; Online CCG

I was recommended this forum by a friend as a good place to look for help. I have designed a collectible football card game, refined it over the last 10 or so years, working thousands of hours, to refine each game component. I have a homemade physical version but what I would like to do is to put the game online as I believe this is the best forum for the game.
The game is based around the highlights of a match and is best explained with the kickstarter (now expired) page:

The game itself is dynamic, exciting and with great playability and I believe would appeal to a broad range of gamers and would work wonderfully online.
Looking back on the kickstarter page I have a few ideas why it didn’t work; the benefits and strengths of the game were not well enough explained, I didn’t have a big community presence or a past kickstarter record (although I do have previous games design experience) and the whole pitch was a little, for the want of a better word, “flat”. As far as I see it I have 2 options:
• Learn to program the game myself; in which case how achievable is that for a busy person and which language should I learn?
• Find someone on this forum who already has the requisite skills who can see the potential in the game who wants to be involved for a share in the profits and raising their programming profile. Ideally this person would be in the South East of England, but more important would be a person who could be equally passionate about the game.
There are lots of things I haven’t said to keep this brief, so if you have any questions let me know. Thanks in advance.
Date Posted: May 10, 2014 @ 7:05am