Sid Meier's Civilization V

Create and Discover New Worlds
Maps, Scenarios, Interface, and so much more. Explore the modding world of Civ V, and when you’re ready, download the SDK to create and upload your own.
billonetree May 6 @ 2:09pm
Help with mod enabling
Hi everyone, so I tried to enable the mod button, I found the mainmenu file and commented out the controls.modbutton line, but then I started the game, the mod button did show, none of the buttons respond anymore! I click on singl player, nothing, exit, still nothing. Can anyone help? Also, if I was able to get mod button functioning porperly, how do I play with mods downloaded from steam workshop? Do I just subscribe them and that's it? Or are there any other operations to be done?
thank you
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Anesthesia Romanov May 7 @ 9:56am 
I can't help you with the non responding buttons, but I can help you with the Steam mods. Subscribe to a mod, then go to your library>Application Support>Steam Workshop>userdata>[usernumber]>ugc>referenced. The folders with the mods will be in there. Unpack them and put them in the regular Civ mods folder.

When you go to startup, click on mods, and then select the ones you want to enable. Afterwards, there will be a single player button. If you want to play with mods, you have to launch a game from the single player in mods and not single-player at startup.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Anesthesia Romanov; May 7 @ 9:58am
lshipp 11 May 8 @ 8:35am 
go here

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=465972

it's a little outdated in that it was written more for Vanilla/GK and steam/firaxis have changed things around somewhat since. Also, when he says you have to be connected to the internet to use mods, he really should have said you need to have an avaialble connection for the game to synch up with Steam and download the mods to which you have subscribed. Once everything downloads to your MODS folder, you DO NOT have to be conected to the internet to use them.

Whatver it was you said you did in your original post to one of the game core files, UNDO IT !!
Never do that sort of thing. It's just a dreadfully bad idea.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50