Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
New Tool Idea: "Gifted by: <insert irrelevant name here> + <date & time>" Tag Remover
I don't know how Valve didn't notice this but there should definitely be a tool that does that. On top of the fact that it would help traders (most gifted items tend to sell very slow or for a lower price unless signed by a famous person), it would also bring some serious $, €, £, ¥, руб (you get it, dinero) into Valve's pockets if they put it in the in-game shop at the price of a name tag, or even better, at a gift wrap's price.

So... about the names and descriptions it could have:

• "Whiteout"
    (that white paste that covers ink)
    Used to erase the signature on an item. Can only be used on a gifted object. (In real life, when you make a gift, you usually sign with your name so the person knows where he got it from, so this makes sense)
  • "Dry Cloth"
    Removes the fingerprints of the previous owner. Can only be used on a gifted item. (Sounds quite bad but I thought, "what the hell?" this is a damn cartoony game)
  • "File"
    (yeah, the tools that you use to soften sharp edges of freshly cut metal.. just google it)
    or
    "Sandpaper"
    (you know what this is, if you don't, you've wasted your life/.. just google this one too)
    Used to remove the engravements on items gifted to you. ("Can only be used on gifted items" is not really neccessary here, I mean... one can't be that dumb... or can he? )

• You come up with other names, I'd like to hear some ideas.

Of course, we are aiming for profit, so it's gonna be like this: Number of uses: 1. Or even better... 50% of getting a 0 uses item... Nah, just joking, there already are crates out there and people spend a ton of cash on uncrating, so you don't need more stuff that requires luck.
Last edited by ☛ ☠ »ⒹⓇⒶⒸⓊⓁⒶ₁₄.™ ☣ ☚; May 6 @ 1:05pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
sharifen May 7 @ 11:20pm 
coool
Lucoshi May 8 @ 12:17pm 
How about Present untagger?
not really creative
sharifen May 11 @ 9:53pm 
oh no why not present untagger too
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >