Dota 2
Create or find the best new items
Create and submit new items (such as armor, weapons, clothing, Couriers, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Or help identify the best by rating up your favorites. Submission Guidelines
Filth Apr 17, 2014 @ 5:55am
[Texturing required] Comrade Sniper Set
Hi, I've started to make models for a new sniper set based on WWII Soviet Union snipers. The weapon model is completed ( See here[s29.postimg.org] trigger has been added) but I have no idea how to make textures for the items. So if anyone has any experience with texturing please contact me I'll be happy to work together.
Last edited by Filth; Apr 17, 2014 @ 5:58am
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Supp-Zero 5 Apr 17, 2014 @ 7:03am 
I see that you are working with blender, the easy way to make texture file is by cloning ( google it).
Where unwrap the uv texture, make sure that the more details you want to give to some part to your item more size in the texture files, then look for upside down triangle then look for "UV maps", add new UV map, select it and add an image, unwrap the part you want to clone.

Then change object mode to texture paint and view port painting to texture, then select the clone brush from the left toolbar, after that go down (within the same bar) and expand "project paint" and check "clone from UV map" and select the UV map you want to copy from, and return to the original UV map, and start paint over the rifle u made, do it to all parts then use program like Photoshop or Gimp(free to use like blender)to modify texture file.

and the reason I told you that, because it hard to find someone to do what inside you head, but if you feel you need any help, I am glad to assist.
Filth Apr 17, 2014 @ 8:52am 
Thanks for the help, the unwrapping isn't the most difficult part for me the hard part is to actually draw things is photoshop. I think it would be easy for me to explain the items look since I'm heavily basing them on real items such as the Dragunov sniper rifle.
TBreaker ރ Apr 17, 2014 @ 9:01pm 
Originally posted by 404:
Thanks for the help, the unwrapping isn't the most difficult part for me the hard part is to actually draw things is photoshop. I think it would be easy for me to explain the items look since I'm heavily basing them on real items such as the Dragunov sniper rifle.

There are some good tutorials over there. I suggest you to look for them. Also, creating textures isn't that difficult, the most part of it is using the maps you bake from your models and adding some color layers on them. You should bake an ambient oclussion map, maybe a pointlight map, and blend them in photoshop pr gimp. And remember to check the valve's quick texturing guide, because it probed to be helpful for beginners and experienced alike.
Good luck! :)

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/dota2/workshop/Dota2CharacterTextureGuide.pdf
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 17, 2014 @ 5:55am