Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Advance to the Steam Age
Explore new maps, multiplayer scenarios, and user created campaigns. Or reinvent your game experience with new sounds, visuals, AI, units, and more! Ready to share your creations with the world? Upload right from the map editor, or collaborate with friends to create a masterpiece collection.
NOCTURNE 4 Apr 14 @ 6:16am
Update my workshop item?
Hi all

Is it possible to update my workship item? I mean, its a campaign, and I want to add a few more missions. Can I do that, or I have to delete it, and upload it again?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Zetnus 45 Apr 14 @ 10:58am 
To update your items, upload the new version and give it the same title in the uploader as the original. It will then ask you if you want to replace the original.
It's that easy ...
... In theory at least.
In practice, the update system rarely works. Assuming you didn't get any errors, you might think that your update was sucessful - but make sure to actaully test that by subscribing to your own file and checking if it is really the new version (often you'll find it's still the old version).

Unfortuneatly, the only foolproof way of "updating" a workshop submission is to upload the new version as a new submission with a new name and add a link on the old version so people find the new one because of course the subscribers won't be carried over. :/
Last edited by Zetnus; Apr 14 @ 10:59am
NOCTURNE 4 Apr 14 @ 12:53pm 
Thanks, I will try.
NOCTURNE 4 May 23 @ 1:42am 
One more thing. IF I update my campaign, it will be automatically download for those who already have it, right? Or they have to remove it and download again?
Zetnus 45 May 23 @ 2:59am 
IF it works correctly (and that's a big if) then the updates hould be automatically applied to everyone without further action on their part.
Last edited by Zetnus; May 24 @ 6:13am
NOCTURNE 4 May 26 @ 9:53am 
Unfortunately Its not working. I get error messages every time I try to update it.... Damn it. I guess the only way now is to upload it somewhere else and put the link to the description, or upload it again. in a different workshop item
Zetnus 45 May 26 @ 11:48am 
Those are probably your best options. Which error message exactly getting?
Loggy C 1 May 26 @ 1:00pm 
I tried a few times and got error 6 or 9, I forget which. In the end I gave up and just made a fresh item and linked the old one - well now I have two old ones thanks to my pitiful testing abilities.
NOCTURNE 4 May 30 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Zetnus:
Those are probably your best options. Which error message exactly getting?

Error 9
Zetnus 45 May 30 @ 2:42pm 
Error 9 is caused by the name of the item in the workshop not being the same as the name of the associated file in the Age2HD\mods folder (ie, you probably renamed the workshop item after publishing it). You can rename either the workshop item or the mod file so that they are the same. This will get rid of error 9.

However, in my experience it often happens that the item does not actually update despite getting an "update sucessful" .... but if you wanted to try it, that would be the way to get around publish error 9.
Roberto (BR) 8 Jun 4 @ 3:55pm 
Dats pretty stupid IMO. They could at least make an update file button... Cmon, it's not so hard... It's somewhat annoying have to remake ur whole file page and all its subscribers (specially when u get thousand ones or so)
Loggy C 1 Jun 5 @ 3:33am 
It also spams up that new little submission count it seems...

Odd that it includes hidden/private items. At least it doesn't seem to count things you've deleted.
Last edited by Loggy C; Jun 5 @ 3:52am
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50