Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
randomdude Apr 11 @ 6:18pm
Testing Workshop Items
I have noticed that as a player, you cannot play-test workshop items/weapons. Its seems like players could get a much better idea about what the weapon / item is capable, and if it really is as good as it looks.
I think that this could be accomplished using the itemtest feature, in the game, although Valve will have to make them only available in a test map with two or three bots to avoid players from using them in-game with other players before they are added to the game.
also, they would have to be secure, so that people cannot steal the item and claim it as their own.

Any ideas?

Valve, the Workshop Community needs this!
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Blitz Apr 11 @ 6:37pm 
how do you access itemtest feature in tf2
randomdude Apr 11 @ 6:48pm 
Go to main menu, settings, advanced setteings, and enable developer console. then create a server, or go to one that is not VAC protected and open the console with the tilda key ( ` ) then type itemtest, and it will pull up a window where you can test out any weapon or item in the game.
=RGBD=GLaDOS Apr 11 @ 6:56pm 
?
randomdude Apr 11 @ 8:43pm 
Try it.
sharifen Apr 11 @ 9:00pm 
why mario golden boxes on your picture and why
Joraxus Apr 12 @ 3:31am 
cool i will try it
randomdude Apr 12 @ 6:42am 
because Its RANDOMDUDE, hence random
Joraxus Apr 12 @ 9:12am 
lol
randomdude Apr 12 @ 9:28am 
ya
Sentient_Toaster Apr 13 @ 4:38am 
They don't have stats, which makes them rather difficult to test...
randomdude Apr 13 @ 5:13am 
True, although it still would be cool to have an option to make your item testable.
Joraxus Apr 13 @ 9:07am 
yeah i guess your right
randomdude Apr 13 @ 9:11am 
any ideas?
sharifen Apr 15 @ 12:08pm 
hell yeas
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 11 @ 6:18pm