jjb-54 Apr 11 @ 2:46pm
What happened? (another Steam Update)
I got a "STEAM UPDATE" on Wednesday. It even closed down my game, FO NV to do this. Okay - no issues. Must be a serious update.

Did not worry about it - in that, as I have stated, KUDO's because what ever they did a good year plus ago, they were no longer having a cause/effect on my saved Skyrim /FO NV games.

Until ............. (Wednesday - 4/9/14.)

All my games have been "re-set", in a very and I mean this 'strange way'.

Even my saved games, where I have X perks, that were THERE before this update - Quests completed - Special Weapons all GONE! Poof. I had finished Lonesome Road - I get to play it over. I am not sure what is going on, but even in my saved games, they are GONE - doesn't matter which "fall back" I go to, where I know "X" existed and/or Quest was completed - Gone.

I have to re-do Lonesome Road - all special weapons - armor and such gone. The two 'gates' locked / closed .... Honest Hearts -> I did that many many moons ago - Gone, I have to redo that one ... OLD WORLD BLUES - gone, have to redo that one, Dead Money all them I have to re-do. > .. <

I'm even "Friends" w/the Fiends and Powder Gang and the Legion .. I was on their "most wanted", so to speak. I had the Legion Assassins after me - now I'm not even 'blinked' at - (which is fine) makes it easier to kill them.

Anyways - I know, I know - Steam Updates are not suppose to "do this" - but that is the only thing that happened when the problems started to show. Before the UPDATE all is fine - after the update ♥♥♥♥ed Up Game .. hell, even Mole Rats attack me, and I have the perk that makes them my "friend" ... Ya, the perk for that, still shows .. but they attack me. > .. < as do all the other animals that did NOT attack before this.

I just went to my Skyrim - took a break - and yes, . o O ( sigh ) it's been strangely re-set as well.

I just talked (Chatted) with six other players and 2 of the 6 had the exact same thing happen to them too. So this seems to be strange - that some "got hit" and some did not.

Anyone want to gander a guess ... cause I was a good year ago use to updates just trashing the saved games period. Just had to re-start from scratch. But this one - is just plain weird.

For those who doubt this - sorry - but the Steam Update is the only thing that happened. Again, thought it strange that it closed my game down. Usually it is Steam Updates - not so 'dramatic'.
Last edited by jjb-54; Apr 11 @ 2:48pm
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Claudio® Apr 11 @ 7:21pm 
Concordo
RandomBox Apr 11 @ 7:48pm 
No Fallout NV stuff is showing up in the workshop for me
jjb-54 Apr 12 @ 9:33am 
Originally posted by Claudio®:
Concordo

Translation: I Agree (Make that 3 now that I have confirmation on.)
jjb-54 Apr 12 @ 9:34am 
Originally posted by RandomBox:
No Fallout NV stuff is showing up in the workshop for me

I don't think you read the OP correctly. I said nothing about > " ... No Fallout NV stuff is showing up in the workshop ..."

I said nothing about the Workshop in the OP.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 11 @ 2:46pm