Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Have you got what it takes?
Create and submit new items (such as hats, weapons, badges, boots, and more) for consideration to be incorporated into the actual game. Click here to learn more.
Pvt.Pavel Apr 2, 2014 @ 7:59pm
Atomizer is so underpowered
Ok, so the atomizer is a bat that allows you to triple jump. The triple jump deals 10 HP when used. So to make it not OP, the swing time is lowered by 30%. But then, they LOWERED THE DAMAGE TOO!! Now the thing is basicly useless! If the damage is back to 100%, then that would be good.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Toad Apr 2, 2014 @ 9:54pm 
yeah
Littlefoot Apr 3, 2014 @ 2:57am 
I agree, i myself find the the triple jump VERY situational. Also, slower attack aped and lower damage? The heck? I'll stick to the Boston Basher and Sandman.
Toad Apr 3, 2014 @ 11:25am 
how to say it's a me mario
Bipolar Cormorant Apr 4, 2014 @ 1:36pm 
If you're playing Scout as a melee class you're doing it wrong. See that shotgun? That Scattergun he has? It has 6 shots and at melee range it can kill almost any class in 2 hits. The bat itself depends entirely on random crits, and even then has the worst damage of any melee. Most people consider it a joke weapon for that reason.
Littlefoot Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:26pm 
Yeah sure, you're probably going to be using your primary weapon most of the time for killing, but what if you run out of ammo, or don't have time to reload. In these cases you can always use your melee weapon to finish off an enemy, and the atomizer completely fails there.
Last edited by Littlefoot; Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:27pm
Bipolar Cormorant Apr 4, 2014 @ 2:56pm 
Originally posted by MarioGuy3:
Yeah sure, you're probably going to be using your primary weapon most of the time for killing, but what if you run out of ammo, or don't have time to reload. In these cases you can always use your melee weapon to finish off an enemy, and the atomizer completely fails there.

If you've run out of ammo you generally have overextended. If you've overextended a good player kills you. In all honestly its better to switch to pistol. If you're not using pistol, you're better off backing off and reloading. I'm not going to claim to be any sort of diety but My 2500 hours and history of some subbing in Highlander makes me somewhat qualified enough here.
Smugleaf Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:36pm 
The Atomizer definitely is very situational. It provides utility over being good for actual melee use, and we all know how good the other weapons that do this are. With the Atomizer's downsides, I can't go around hitting people with my bat, a reliable weapon for close range. It's not like the scout has a powerful and reliable weapon for both close range and mid range or anything like that.
Last edited by Smugleaf; Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:36pm
Bipolar Cormorant Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:57pm 
Originally posted by Smugleaf:
The Atomizer definitely is very situational. It provides utility over being good for actual melee use, and we all know how good the other weapons that do this are. With the Atomizer's downsides, I can't go around hitting people with my bat, a reliable weapon for close range. It's not like the scout has a powerful and reliable weapon for both close range and mid range or anything like that.

The Scattergun deals 104 damage at close range. the Bat deals 108 on a crit. You may wanna consider investing in improving your aim. Ask ANY competitive level scout and they'll tell you that the bat is incredibly unreliable.
Smugleaf Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:10pm 
Originally posted by Bipolar Cormorant:
The Scattergun deals 104 damage at close range. the Bat deals 108 on a crit. You may wanna consider investing in improving your aim. Ask ANY competitive level scout and they'll tell you that the bat is incredibly unreliable.

It seems that you missed the rather obvious sarcasm.
Bipolar Cormorant Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:29pm 
Originally posted by Smugleaf:

It seems that you missed the rather obvious sarcasm.

Considering how people tend to be on the discussion forums its hard to tell at times.
Pvt.Pavel Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:45pm 
WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THE BAT IS USELESS?? STOP WITH THOSE ANNOYING COMMENTS!!
Smugleaf Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:04pm 
Considering how people tend to be on the discussion forums its hard to tell at times.

I suppose that's true, but I would think that the last part of my post would give away the fact that the post was sarcasm.
Bipolar Cormorant Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:07pm 
Originally posted by 2xp PaulBehr99:
WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING THE BAT IS USELESS?? STOP WITH THOSE ANNOYING COMMENTS!!
Are you by any chance a 12 year old who runs around with the frying pan all day?
Toad Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:39pm 
huh huh
Toad Apr 5, 2014 @ 9:29pm 
holy ♥♥♥♥ it's christmass
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 2, 2014 @ 7:59pm